Ability to Set Multiple Filters (ex. BPM & Key)

• What is the feature or ability you would like to have? Ability to use multiple filters on the SC5000/M hardware.

• How will this feature help you and others? It allow me to narrow results by BPM and Key at the same time. Currently is is only possible to filter by one metadata field.

• Is this feature available in an existing product? If so, what product? No.

• Does a workaround currently exist? Set filter and sort by second metadata.

• How often would you use this feature? All the time

• Is there any additional information you’d like to add? https://youtu.be/f__AQqstJ3M?t=148

14 Likes

Hey @AntiStar,

Thanks for the request!

Do you mean sort by multiple columns simultaneously?

If so, this is already possible in Engine Prime. Just hold Shift and click the columns you want to sort by.

This is not possible on the SC5000/M but if you would like to see it on the hardware please edit and move your post to that area.

Thanks!

3 Likes

Oh I didn’t know that. Nice tip. Yes it would be nice to do it on the players too.

I don’t see a way to edit/move my post. Feel free to do so.

2 Likes

+1 for this on the sc5000/m

1 Like

All set! Thanks!

2 Likes

For me too! Very useful! +1 for this on the sc5000/m

1 Like

Secondary sorting on the players will be nice, so i’m +1 on this extra feature

2 Likes

If we had the option to remove track artwork, there would be enough room to add a second column of the users’ specified filter.

2 Likes

Being able to sort Playlist and crates by BPM and Key at the same time on the players would be amazing!!!

1 Like

In Traktor I organize my music so that it is sorted by key with each key sorted by BPM. So as I go through my library I just keep moving forward, without having to search through my library. The mixable tracks are all together.

Im not sure if this is exactly what the OP was requesting, but they seem to be of the same vein.

Should this be a separate request as filtering and sorting are different?

I’d like to be able to have multiple library filters and multiple sorting priorities. Together would allow quick “auto-playlist” generation and faster workflow.

I’ve voted for this feature request, it was bound to happen eventually, mainly as this is useful rather than “pretty”.

Older denon stuff I’ve owned has had two stage search and it was really useful to be able to say “show me all the tracks which are around xxx bpm, and are of the genre xxxxxx”

For some people, even a 100 inch screen was connectable to the prime via an hdmi, if the font size got dropped to 5 pixels, had 150 tracks of search results on-screen at once and all that, then some would say it’s not enough. The real answer to not scrolling through dozens or hundreds of screens full of tracks is us users performing better, more structured searches. After all, we don’t walk into a giant supermarket, stand at the doorway, and think “why can’t I see any frozen lasagne”. No, we at least stand in the cold part of the store first and know there’s only a bit of the store to check. We want to cut down on our footstep count, not have bigger signs