Ability for Engine Prime to Update Track Metatag Data

• What is the feature or ability you would like to have? Ability for Engine Prime to Update Track Metatag Data

• How will this feature help you and others? Allow me to edit metadata in one place (Engine Prime) rather than using additional editing applications.

• Is this feature available in an existing product? If so, what product?

• iTunes
    • Serato DJ
    • Rekordbox
  • Does a workaround currently exist? Use external application to edit metadata.

• How often would you use this feature? Every time I prepare music.

• Is there any additional information you’d like to add? This feature is offered by direct competitor.

2 Likes

This is not a bug, but expected behaviour, see page 29 of the user guide.

Engine-Prime-User-Guide-v1_0.pdf (4.0 MB)

Tracks loaded in the deck should also update the original file, but that is in fact a bug at this moment.

1 Like

Oh. Hmm, in that case I’d like to convert this thread into a feature request. If I want to change a tag in my music library I’d do it from a more featured tag editor like mp3tag. The way it works right now makes it easy for me to accidentally fat-finger a slow double click and replace the title or artist with a space (because I’m trying to load a song and hit space to listen to it). I guess what I’m saying is I’d like an option to disable Engine Prime inline tag editing.

Expected behavior per current product specification.

Converting to Feature Request.