A couple questions regarding the 3700's

First of all these are my babies and I’ve had them for 8 years or so when they first came out at $1200.

-1.) One of the screws on the platter is stripped, (not the screw itself, but where there phillips fits in to loosen/tighten. What can I do about this? I’ve noticed that loosing/tightenting makes a big difference and it seems over time I’ve too far. It’s super tight ant won’t budge. I’ve tried gripping with a rubber band and many other things to no prevail.

-2.) What is the largest USB stick I can use with these? And can I link them? I’ve never gone higher than 32 and I know I can link memo’s but what what about songs?

-3.) What is the lastest firmware? no brainer, but without looking I’m guessing mine is a 2020.

ALL HELP IS APPRECIATED!!! Thank you all for your support to the community and keep spinning,

-also 4.) is there a way to copy hot cues from 2 deck to another? thanks!!!

I can try to help you with some of your questions.

1) I’m trying to picture in my head what you mean, but I’m having a brain fart. lol Is it possible to post a couple of pictures of the area in question?

2) I’m presently using a 128gb drive for each of my players in my setup. I think(?) you can go upto 2TB…?

3) The latest firmware for the 3700 was v2020. In the future, you can check/download stuff for your deck (and other older Legacy Denon DJ equipment), from the main DenonDJ website (under “downloads”, then “Legacy Products”). Software downloads, manuals and documentation - Denon DJ

(the 3700 will be listed under “Media Players”).

4) I haven’t use that option in a long time, so I don’t recall if/how it could be done. I just save them to the drive that I’m using at that moment. With that said, I’d look through the manual to check what it says, but my computer is having a hissy fit with PDF files for some reason so I can’t open the PDF manual right now… but you can check the manual yourself for this info. (see the above “Legacy” weblink for the PDF manual download link).

If you have any others questions, please feel free to ask away.

I think he’s saying that the slots in the head are damaged, so he can’t use a screwdriver to adjust it.

The other stuff can be found by either reading the manual or visiting the web site.

Correctly. The thread of the small phillips is stripped and i cann’t loosen/tighten. Or loosen in this case. Yes, I’ve used teflon, rubber bands, gloves, etc, between the the driver and screw and it won’t budge.

If I break it… and can somehow break it in the right way to get the screw out… I can get a replacement platter and head but that just seems like i’d have terrible luck.

THANKS FOR THE REPLIES!!! Much love

Do you mean the screw thread is stripped ?

Or do you mean the head is stripped ?

Two options for the head strip. There are one time stripped screw kits you can buy where you drill into the screw head and insert the reverse screw supplied in the kit into the head of the stripped head screw. Then because the insert is reverse threaded, as you’re tightening it up it’s unscrewing the original stripped screw. I’m not sure if these kits go down to the size you need for the platter screws. Also, drilling makes thousands of particles of metal which you DONT want getting into your deck -so vacuum the localised work area regularly while drilling etc.

The other option is also one-time. Get an old screwdriver and super-glue/crazy-glue the head of the screwdriver to the damaged screw - once the glue has set you can Unscrew it

Will definitely look thru the faq. The reason I need 2 USB’s with the same cue’s is 99% of my DJing is done with beat juggling aka chopping and screwing. old school technic style.

An other question I have is this, is on the +/- BPM search below the pitch fader, is there a way to decrease the sensitivity? I use +/- 100 resolution pitch fader and the +/- can be a bit much. Is there any way I can make it be more sensitive? I feel when I hit the “-” it slows too fast. I’ve tried going into Memo - > BPM Search range and changing from 3 to 1 but can’t tell if it works. I feel like thats for people searching for files within that range of BPM (1,2,3,5, ETC) instead of the actual ± buttons. if that makes sense.

Am I just ■■■■ out of luck and need to adapt? I’ve tried these new controllers for Virtual DJ and Serato and sure theyre impressive at weddings and what not but for my individual style they just do not work. AT ALL. the platters are too small and … dont even get me statrted. I love my baby 3700s but should I just give up? Theyve given up on firmware updates etc a long time ago. I need at LEAST 9" platters with old school feel and at least 3 cues and and an analog feel as well as precision bpm matching, not a sync button.

I’d love to grab the 3900s or whatever the new flagship is but just can’t afford…and Something tells me the NS7’s aren’t worth it…

Apparently-i-have-to-wait-to-reply-to-my-other-post-another-question

Yes you do. It’s Anti-bump

Your new points above

Platter size: there’s nothing you can do about the platter size - it is what it is. If it’s too small for your style then sell, or wait a few weeks and you’ll probably had adapted your style. Platters are a massive waste of panel space. So many dozens of other displays and controls can fit where a platter goes - I wouldn’t expect any platters on non-vynil devices who h are any bigger than the prime SC6000m

Pitch control - more sensitivity- by having the pitch range set to plus/minus 100% you’re on the worst possible, least accurate pitch range. Choose a smaller range for more precision. This is the same for all DJs, all devices. Set the pitch range to something smaller like plus/minus 8% when you need accuracy for two songs with bpms close to each other, and always pick the smallest range that you need for any mix, not leave it on plus minus 100 all the time.

Have a look in the manual about what the bpm +1. 2 3 4 5 do. It’s not what you seem to think it does. It’s not anything that adjusts performance. If it’s the menu option that I think you’re in, it’s describing what BPM songs should be shown in search results compared to the track bpm that you’re playing now. Eg: if the bpm setting is on 5 and you’re playing a track that’s 100bpm the search results will only show you tracks whose bpms are between 95 and 105 - these being 5 bpm away from your current track.

Moved it here and edited both your posts a bit. Thanks!

2 Likes

gys please check this and give an honest opinion,

I’ve had these 10 years btw and am used to the platter size.

Too Lazy:

From reddit==============

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 17 hours ago Tiny amount of super glue on the screw head and hold the screwdriver on it till its set. Be careful though, I personally wouldn’t do this to the platter as I would get it all over. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx You can try soldering the screwdriver to the screw to remove it. Just be mindful of the surface area (plastics). Good luck.

I replied…

I’m way too scared to try. but I notice that the right turntable always move with more resistance no matter the torque set up on either side.

The left moves like butter on high torque.

Is is even worth it??

THANKS.

Add to post again please.

The thing is, the threads aren’t stripped. Picture where the 4way phillips screw driver would fit. It’s so worn now it looks like an allen key.,I think I understand you, but have NO idea if they make them this small…

and i do LOVE the platters! I got these right after the 3500’s came out b- mainly because of platter size, along with other features of ourse`

Has anyone else had issues downloading the drivers? I pulled my 3700s out of DEEP storage (long story, made me very sad) to get back into spinning, and decided I want to get everything as up to date and squared away as possible. When I go to the legacy page and click the download for firmware, it starts to think about it and then nothing. Can’t open in another tab, another page, nothing. Thanks in advance!

1 Like

i just tried what you said & it also didnt work for me (i was using google chrome) so i tried using Mozilla firefox & all the downloads worked. so its google chrome thats not acting right lol try friefox and or internet explorer