2 Faulty mixers with bad pots

Hi everyone, just a little bit frustrated regarding the X1800 mixer. i bought mine last November 2019 and it lasted just over a month, i had problems with the low pots which had a lot of movement in the stem on channel 1 & 2 which was replaced by the dealer. so i have had the 2nd one from December and now this one has a developed a tight grinding on the sweeping FX Pot on channel 2. and needs to go back to dealer, i like to know if anyone else has had this issue? i have lost a little faith in the mixer, Ok possibly a faulty batch been sent to the dealer. but i am now going to be without a mixer for sometime.

I replied to a similar post somewhere else on the forum regarding this.

The Filter sweep knob on channel 2 of my 1800 is the exact same, initially given the current circumstances that we are facing i was not going to do anything about it, but i don’t think it’s going to get any better 8) and given the money i spent on the gear i should expect better.

Now here is the rub for me, i live in Ireland, and every time i try and submit a request on the support forum it continually asks me for a ‘STATE’ in the address and will not let me procede.

I would dearly love to get some human support regarding this as the store that i purchased them from is over 2 hours travel from me - which i can’t do given the current lockdown restrictions that we are facing in this country.

So being a bit selfish, but any help that can be offered would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Revan,

That is weird it being the same pot, as it is not like the other sweep FX pots don’t get used. As I say this is the 2nd mixer i have had and the last one had issues with the Low pots. How old is your mixer? As my first was just over a month and the second from December. It would be nice if someone from Denon can help out as if I have to wait for a long time for this to get sorted. I like the mixer and hope to think I have been unlucky. But I don’t want to weeks without a mixer after spending out for 2 sc5000m and the x1800.

My Prime 4 fx pot went faulty after about 30 minutes from brand new .im getting a brand new replacement prime 4 sent out as we speak . It felt rough , then a bit wobbly.

Glad that’s being sorted for you Dogsella.

I still cannot file a warranty claim as the website insists on me putting in a ‘State’ as part of my address and will not let me finalise it.

Hi Dogsella, glad you are getting your sorted and that was the issue with the first mixer i had wobbly and 2 nd mixer had the rough dried out feel. i have sent mine back to retailer and will not replace it after 4 months old. and it seems like they have sent it to Denon, hopefully i will get a replacement asi have lost faith in that mixer. Revan the support page i get is this one is it the same as you? Revan, you need to change country first then put region, hope this helps. https://www.denondj.com/support and the europe address is here: Denon DJ Europe Unit 3, Nexus Park Lysons Avenue Ash Vale Hampshire GU12 5QE United Kingdom Tel: +44 (0) 1252 896040

Same problem with an x1850. First one had a faulty EQ pot, sent for repair, turned into a fiasco so Denon sent me a replacement mixer…was only 1 week old. Received replacement mixer, within a week I now have a bad “filter” pot. The pots on these mixers are sub par. I can not believe this, have had various mixers and have never seen anything like this. The pot gets so notchy its impossible to use.

Hi DJeddieraw, Have you got in touch with Inmusic regarding this issue again, as that would be my first port of call.

let us know how you get on.

Im up in Canada, so The Denon rep for Inmusicbrands was who I dealt with on the original issue. I sent him an email the other day and still awaiting a response. I love the mixer and the layout, but this is a major issue. I hope they can figure this out. Total use for both mixers was less than 2 weeks, in home only and only by myself. All I can say based on my experience is that these mixers would not last in a club environment. I have played on used and abused DJM 900 and the pots felt better after years of use. I will keep you guys updated.

true, our last brandnew X1800 made it only half night thru the event with changin’ Acts. We had to replace it with a DJM900NXS2 from our rental partner. In particular, the bad sound and the extremely poor quality of the built-in faders make the mixer unusable as a professional mixing tool. In more than 30 Years of experience in this branch, we never had so poor faders with such bad behavior in a device, although we have already experienced a lot. What we can´t understand, why Denon installed the faders directly on the PCB.

One of the most common discussions are the poor faders & pots, closely followed by the bad sound of the unit and some missing effects compared to Pioneer. I don´t like Pioneer or their sound but compared with the x1800 on a huge l’acoustic pa, the x1800 sounds terrible. There are still much better solutions around.

Frustration, especially about the poor quality, is very high. I did not expect something like that from Denon DJ devices!

Was your replacement unit any better?

My channel 1 has always been been especially bad.

The volume trim is like a joystick controller. Moving all around in horizontal dimensions. Channel 2’s volume trim also has some movement to the shaft, but definitely not as bad as channel 1.

Now I’ve noticed it seems to have started to develop for the bass eq in channel 1 as well.

The other really annoying thing is that the highs, mids and lows, all have a different force that’s required for them to turn if you compare channels 1-4. It’s quite bizarre to me how these pots feel.

If you compare these pots to entry level pioneer gear even, the difference is like night and day.