10 Days of Prime 4 ... first Problems

Hi @REIS - Please PM me your contact details and I will have one of my colleagues reach out to see how we can resolve this for you.

1 Like

I wonder if that first defective P4 wasn’t restored to the shop, tested there (where it may have worked - once) and just repacked and sold to the next customer.

Had that happen to me before. If I don’t buy the demo machine, I will always check the box hasn’t been opened before. You can usually tell when you open the box if you got a unit that has been out of the box before.

To have two units come out of the same shop within 3 months with the same problem (especially if that problem isn’t widespread - as was the case for example with the first batch of MCX8000s) is a pretty big statiscal anomaly imho.

I agree with @Mufasa that it isn’t the best of practices to depend on new gear for your next couple of gigs. I’d be testing that stuff in my studio/practice room for the first month, not just to test for stability, but also to get to know the unit. Especially something so different like the P4 deserves the time to get fully acquainted with it.

That said, of course every customer is right to expect a working product and if it doesn’t work he/she should be helped properly. That starts with your retailer, then it’s supplier (typically the distributor) and finally the manufacturer. It seems Denon DJ is on the case and ready to help. I am sure they will help get you sorted asap. In the meantime, use your “old” gear for the next 4 gigs and take away the stress. When the P4 is back in working order (or replaced), spend a couple of weeks getting your music on there, driving it hard in practice, be sure you have its features locked down and then go out on your first live gig with it.

My three cents as usual.

1 Like

my purchased in September is perfectly fine, but after less than a month, that is, in November the view button broke, I contacted the assistance in December and the spare part is not available! now we are in February i contacted lucky music in milan where i bought it! after a day they call me and they tell me that inmusic has determined that they will disassemble a new unit to have the spare parts! but the repair the replacement of the plastic button is not covered by the warranty, 50 euros plus VAT and shipping! but I say it lasted a month and is not under warranty! how disgusting

Ups … I’m really sorry to hear that bro… the view button not covered by warranty? How is possible?

Mi dispiace Bro … ma come fa a non essere coperto da garanzia quel bottone? Scherziamo?

1 Like

IMG_6080-1 this is broke

but the problem is another! they have to disassemble a new unit to have the spare parts!

:scream::scream::scream: incredible

1 Like

Hi @djveleno - Sorry to see that one of your buttons has broke.

Please contact our Denon DJ Global Support Team for further assistance with this matter. They’ll help resolve the issue as quickly as possible.

1 Like

Hey guys. Problem completely SOLVED in 3 Days. The shop hadn’t got any unit available to swap with mine. Denon and the Distributor of my country sent immediately one new Prime 4 to the shop.

I’ve upgraded the SW in the shop from native 1.32 to 1.41, installed my HD Sata and tested ! It’s working perfectly ! It’s brilliant. I’ve just suited my New P4 in the UDG wheeled Flight Case and moved around … no problems at all with the carry on vibrations. I’m full of love 4 Denon :heart::heart::heart: Thank you @JWiLL and Denon Staff

3 Likes

I have already contacted the assistance center in Italy in Bari! then to resolve I contacted the shop where I purchased the console, lucky music in Milan! that after less than a day he called me back and said that they will dismantle a new prime in order to have the spare part that is not available in denon! the problem is that the key that broke after only one month is not covered by the warranty! and it costs 50 euros plus VAT and transportation! I don’t like this thing and it doesn’t seem right to me! now lucky music says to send my prime to the service center, asking for a visual feedback to check if the damage was caused by me or is a defect! after only a month of use, it doesn’t seem right to me that I have to pay for the replacement! what do you think ?

Hi @djveleno Glad to hear you’ve taken the right steps to get this resolved.

During normal use the button should not break within 30 days. It should last years of regular use. We test all of our buttons with stress and repetition tests to ensure this. If it is a defective button, the replacement would be covered by the warranty.

If the damage was caused by miss use, the button replacement would not be covered by the warranty.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.