1.6.1 Tidal issue

Hi There. I just updated my Prime 4 from version 1.6.0 to 1.6.1 Now Tidal does not work any more, and suddenly I loose my library on my HDD also. I then downgraded to 1.6.0 again, and the problem is stil there. This could be a coincidence, but everything worked flawless just before I updated… I am very frustrated!!!

Hi @Roadrunner, welcome to the forum.

For the Tidal issue, see here:

As for the HDD issue, have you tried powering completely off and on? I needed to do that when I had a Prime4 in the house and did firmware updates.

1 Like

They fired up the new update too early. So we have to wait for another update. HDD works, except of tidal. But tidal stopped working on 1.6.0.

But nevertheless it´s worth to update the firmware to 1.6.1 - because of the new function of OTA update. So you can update the next firmware without downloading it to sd/usb or your computer.

Just via wireless.

That’s because?

because of tidal. the new firmware came contemporaneous to the tidal issue. Tidal stopped working on 1.6.0 … and Denon fired up 1.6.1 … but without the new tidal implemention.

1 Like

There’s no new Tidal implementation, but an error in service. It is coincidental indeed, but 1.6.1 is needed to fix potential 1.5 downgrade issues.

2 Likes

On my PC I got an updated Version (for the tidal app). So there must be an issue … anyway … Denon will fix this, too.

1 Like

Thats because the new 1.6.1 update detects database errors that EP doesn’t. It then spits out a “db corrupt” message on your screen mid-set. Then doesn’t even allow you to browse your tracks in folders on the drive because of this new database error. Then you plug your back-up (that you made with EP, that didn’t detect any db errors) into your decks & continue playing, only to have that drive also throw you the same message & leave you with egg on your face in front of a full dance floor. Get home plug your drives into EP… no database issues at all. Scan drives using Sqlite… errors found! Fix db error using Sqlite - finally no more problems. That sounds like an update that was released too early to me. Denon was fully aware of this, but didn’t even bother to warn us of the potential problem lurking. Why no more public beta’s released? Only the “special” people get to test & decide to release? And then release updates with the potential to ruin your gig!! Please, please, please go back to public beta’s, so that you can utilise the entire Denon clan to help find these issues before the final release.

I understand the issue. It’s probably the main reason for most to want to go back to version 1.5. Version 1.6.1 is needed to do that without creating another issue.

1 Like

Same Issue here- TIDAL Error- Operation Time out, Library of SD Card get lost- not visible

Is absolutely incomprehensible to me how you can offer something like this for download, especially since the error occurs immediately- that it is frustrating and a poor mark on the developers.

Is there a solution? How do I get back to 1.60? Does that fix the problem?

I hope Denon’s support will at least comment on this here …

Thanks for the explanation Reese. I honestly feel a warning to the potential issue was really warranted here. Anyway, just to be sure, are you saying that in order to install any future updates, this 1.6.1 update would have to be installed first to avoid any other issues?

No only when you want to downgrade > see the release notes.

Tidal has been giving me problems, being slow on all my linked devices so I don’t think it’s an issues with Denon

“Fixed an issue where VU meters would show the incorrect level (PRIME 2)” … :thinking:

1.6.1 Always the same problem for the vu-meter master… Denon what have you done… :weary:

I tried with V1.6.0: Tidal doesn’t even work with this version.

Hi Everyone,

TIDAL services have been restored for Engine OS devices. To confirm, the TIDAL issue was unrelated to v1.6.1. We apologize for the brief interruption.

2 Likes