1.6.1 Firmware Issues

Hi All,

I managed to successfully update to firmware version 1.6.1 via USB and proceeded to play a two hour set that night with everything working great. The next morning when I got on to play the device had two new issues that I have never encountered before.

First I noticed that when trying to edit beatgrids on the device that some tracks would not respond, I could enter edit mode and move the jogwheels and the grid would not move. Re-loading tracks would occasionally allow their beatgrids to be edited so it does not seem to be a file issue.

The second issue I encountered is that the device will now randomly freeze and reset. It’s done this as early as 10 minutes in and as late as 1 hour 45 minutes into a mix. It seems most likely to trigger when switching between my internal SSD (Samsung EVO 1TB) or my USB (Sandisk 256GB) but it has happened while just playing music from the SSD with no USB plugged in or while playing from the USB without switching to the SSD.

I do not use any streaming services.

Troubleshooting:

I’ve unplugged the laptop USB-B cable that was previously plugged in, nothing else is plugged in except for the USB, XLR Booth Out, RCA Master Out and Power.

I’ve stepped down the firmware all the way to 1.5.0 and am currently on 1.6.0.

I’ve reimported all tracks.

I’ve calibrated jogwheels.

I’m really running out of ideas at this point so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

2 Likes

I would try to remove the internal SSD and then for a few days I would try to use only USB sticks, to see if the problem occurs or not.

Stepped the firmware back to 1.4.1 and I’m working off of a fresh USB with no SSD in the unit. So far got through an hour set with no freeze & restart but I’m still having the jogwheel issue when trying to edit beatgrids.

I’ll update again this weekend.

Ok, but in my opinion it’s better if you upgrade to 1.6.1: so we can remove the doubt if your problem depends on the firmware or on the hardware.

Could it be that in Engine Prime (PC) you have activated the beat grid lock by clicking on the padlock symbol?

Stepped back up to 1.6.1 with no luck. Seems to be hardware, it’s just weird that I’ve never had an issue until pushing through this latest update.

Checked the tracks and they aren’t locked in Engine.