1.6.0 upgrade - Sync issue with hot cues

Since upgrading to 1.6.0 I seem to be having an issue with the Sync function. When I have sync turned on and both decks are playing, when I hit hot cues to jump to a different part of the track the sync turns off (the button starts to blink).

On the previous firmware the sync would stay engaged and I could jump around the track and it would always stay locked in.

The sync will stay engaged if the track is stopped or paused before I hit the hot cue.

I’ve tried playing around with preference and utilities in hopes that it’s just an option I need to turn on, but haven’t found a solution.

I’m hoping someone has a solution for this.

Change the sync settings to tempo sync.

One thing I noticed when updating this time, all my settings were set to default.

I did notice that all the settings were reset. That’s why I thought maybe a setting was turned off to control this.

I guess I should have specified that I was looking to use the beat sync. Tempo sync does appear to work as it should and the button does not blink when I use the hot cues. What I’m looking for is to have the beats locked when I hot cue to another part of the track. I’m pretty sure the tempo sync doesn’t do that. If it is supposed to do that than I have another problem to resolve.

Do you have quantized On?

2 Likes

That was it!

I was going through all the menus and saw quantizing options set, but forgot about the pull down menu at the top to turn it on. :man_facepalming:

I figured out all these options when I first got the unit and when they all went back to default after the update I couldn’t remember what I did a year ago.

Thanks for your help.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.