Something I’ve encountered consistently on both of my SC5000s is after using them for a couple hours or more, especially if both layers are used, the beatgrids will disappear on songs previously analyzed. The beat marker will show up 1-2 beats before it hits. I’ve had this happen several times now, both at home and while playing out. It’s not the end of the world but it’s not the expected behavior by any means and I haven’t been able to find any search results on this forum or via Google to find others with this issue. I haven’t tried reflashing the firmware or downgrading to an older version yet (I don’t remember this being an issue on 1.3 or 1.4 but I could be wrong). Is this a workflow problem (I don’t remove songs on a layer if that’s possible, just load a song over it), a firmware bug, or a hardware issue?
Edit: additional detail on my workflow.
Since I use the decks primarily at home and Pioneer gear at venues or friends’ (livestreams) and since Engine Prime has yet to implement smart/dynamic/intelligent playlists, this is how I go about things. Having to manage Rekordbox and Engine Prime databases on the same USB I think may be a contributing factor.
- Download new tracks
- Import them into iTunes so they’re organized to my tastes and tag as needed
- Analyze songs in Mixed in Key
- Import into Serato and analyze them (no beatgrid or key analysis)
- Use Rekord Buddy to import from Serato to Rekordbox
- Import songs from rekordbox.xml to Rekordbox 5
- Add songs to intelligent playlist and export to USB
- Plug-in USB to SC5000 and get prompted about new songs to catalogue and update, hit yes
- Eject drive, put it into computer, load up Engine Prime and analyze all songs on USB with Engine Prime, eject when done
- Plug USB back into SC5000 and play
Again, for the first couple hours everything works and loads up fine but after a couple hours it starts glitching out.