Video playback on MCX8000?

Sorry, one thing I forgot to mention in the past …

A lot of my gigs are now video only (MP4 44.1khz) I don’t now if Prime & MCX8000 will be able to play them. It would help greatly to save me having an audio copy for Engine and a video copy for VirtualDJ.

Thanks - Keith

Just to clarify I meant audio playback from a video file, not playback of the actual video on the MCX screens.

I can confirm that the SC5000 Prime and Engine Prime can play MP4. My library is the same mixed format.

The 8000

Supported Media WAV: 44.1kHz, 16bit/24bit Stereo AIFF: 44.1kHz, 16bit/24bit Stereo MP3: CBR/VBR 44.1kHz, Stereo 32kbps – 320 kbps AAC: CBR/VBR 44.1kHz, Stereo 64kbps – 320 kbps

So basically you want the MCX8000 export mode on the “future version of Engine Prime” to have a re-encoding tool that would export an audio copy of a video file present in your Engine Prime database that can be read by the MCX8000. And of course, Engine Prime to be able to write the changes back (cue points, history) into the video file (Prime database for that file on the PC) when you plug the USB stick/drive back into the PC after the gig.

Because I don’t see how a simple firmware update (with limited space for code) can enable a decoding of a previously unsupported video format . I do remember somebody posted info about the MCX8000 hardware (maker of chip along with tehnical info), maybe the hardware inside the MCX8000 really is capable of such thing but that would mean that the previous firmwares seriously underestimated/crippled the capabilities of the unit.

Not bothered for re-encoding, just playback of the MP4 on the MCX8000

[quote="SlayForMoney, post:4, topic:7445, full:true] I do remember somebody posted info about the MCX8000 hardware (maker of chip along with tehnical info) [/quote]

Do you remember when/where this was (timeframe, this forum/elsewhere, etc)?? I’ve been looking for this info and a schematic since purchasing mine in August.