Trouble reading external HDD

Hi,

First of all - I absolutely love my SC5000’s.:heart:

I bought a 1Tb external HDD (USB3) so I could transfer all my music from my mac, via Engine Prime and access this on my players. But when I connected the HDD to player 1, player 2 says that the HDD is Unavailable. And when I connect it to player 2, player 1 says Unavailable. So I went out, bought a extra identical HDD and cloned it so I can access the same data on both players. Doing this, I cant pull playlists after a gig, cause I’ll have half the list on one HDD and the other half on the other, and that is quite anoying :joy: Any ideas on how I get it to read the same HDD on both players? Its a Toshiba Advance, 3.0 usb and I connect them to top- rear usb port…

Best regards Kim

On the current firmware the player won’t share data on a drive if the database of analysed files is over 2.4 Gb (which is around 10,000 to 11,000 analysed tracks.)

Firmware is currently being beta tested, which completely does away with that 2.4 Gb max.

In the meantime, you could share one drive between several players if only -some- of the tracks are analysed by Engine Prime (or the players)

Thanks Gee_DenonDJ

That explains it then… there’s like 60,000 analysed tracks. :smiley: Hope the firmware will come soon :slight_smile:

Best regards Kim

1 Like

hope this fix will be released soon as this will make a lot of users happy, incl myself. :slight_smile:

1 Like

still no solution? I am tired of looking for solutions

Hey folks, We’re removing this limit in the next version of SC5000 Prime firmware. We’re currently working on getting this wrapped up and out the door ASAP.

Cheers, AIRVince

2 Likes

thank @AIRVince I imagine that the update are coming pretty soon ?

Hey Tellor,

We don’t generally pre-announce exact dates for delivery of upcoming fw updates… But yes - Soon. :slight_smile:

@AIRVince: but honestly…and said in the most polite way so dont take this wrong - it would suit Denon to be more proactiv with information on upcoming updates in general.

Hi Kim @Engell, aside from revealing our development roadmap, and in full, I’d hope you may feel we’re giving you as much (and positive) feedback to reassure you we are addressing user needs and improvement requests. It is our highest priority to give our DJ users and community an ever evolving, enhanced workflow experience, to which we are continually and fully committed. @AIRVince is right, the next wave is coming soon and I feel confident that many users will be happy that their voices have been heard, and the Denon DJ Dev team have responded. Best, Paul

3 Likes

thanks… this makes a better feelin of own the sc5000… i trust denon since 15 years and more in future :wink:

thanks and greetings from austria :sunglasses:

@paul_denondj: You know me from the MCX8000 issues and I’m truly happy that I gave you guys a last chance when I bought the Prime Series instead. But there are other issues - not anyone we need to discuss here - but things you really need to clear with your dealers (specially in Denmark - cant talk for other countries) and I can provide with you with the general attitude amongst those dealers if its anything you are interestet in. Besides that, as a customer I feel there’s a bit to silent when it comes to give your customers updates regarding whats in the pipeline. I dont need a release date but small teasers saying: “Now this is added or that is fixed… stay tuned for the upcoming firmware etc etc.” (Think you get my point)

Some small teasers that keeps us on fire! :grin:

Best regards Kim

3 Likes

Hi, was this problem fixed?

I mean, do you already accept the file of more than 2.4 GB?

Yesterday I did my first tests with the SC5000 and I am having problems. Songs that cut the audio, the CDJ that reads the pendrive of the other CDJ takes many seconds to read the song titles … Thanks

Try a different pen drive

Slow pen drives will give the problems you mention

Also the front slot usb on sc5000 won’t play usb3 only true usb2

Thank you!!

True! I will put the USB on the back slot.

Any brand of USB recommended? About 256 GB?

Is there anything known about the database file that is larger than 2.4 GB?

There was some limitations on the software build. After the updated version, I had no issues regarding this.

And yes, remember to use the usb’s on the back.

Today I use a 1tb internal (Samsung evo 860) ssd in a external casing with usb 3…works great.

Thanks for the reply!

I understand that if you have a 1TB HDD you will have more than 10,000 songs, is that so?

Glad to read this, because then I will buy the USB. Formatting recommendation, in exFAT?

You are welcome. :slightly_smiling_face:

I have some where between 60 and 70K tracks today.

Yes we got streaming, but I prefer to bring my tracks myself, as I dont want to rely on internet connection. So for my the Tidal option is only a sort of backup library.

I can strongly recommend to go with a ssd drive instead of a usb-pen (depending on your library-size oc.)

But yes, its formatted in ExFat.

1 Like

Thank you!! Your suggestions are very valuable! I will keep them in mind.

1 Like