Suggestion for the suggestions

@paul_denondj would it be an option if a denon person would create a “read-only” topic containing all the “features suggestions” Denon has received or have been posted in the this forum.

With such a topic all users can see the logged requests so no need to put in the same suggestion again as we see a lot of very valid suggestions being posted multiple times.

Would even be better if Denon can put behind each suggestion a comment like, received, in developmen or will not happen. Then we all know the status.

I expect a lot of users will appreciate such a topic and maybe even create seperate ones for sc5000, x1800 and 1 for engine.

1 Like

If I may add a suggestion for the suggestion for the suggestions (Now you know, that I know, that you know, that I know, that you know, that I know!):

Perhaps it would be a good idea to make a few broad subject groups, so you don’t have to go through a full listing if you are looking for something that has to do with - for example - settings or transport buttons.

1 Like

There is something in the pipeline for the forum which will take a similar shape to that suggested. Exact details are being finalised and of course, a nice graphic banner … you know, priorities and all that :sunglasses:

2 Likes

In the meantime, you will be happy to know that every feature request as well as work flow improvements placed here and various other social media sources have been reviewed by the engineering and development teams and are actively being prioritized. This area is reviewed daily.

2 Likes

You guys might wanna consider adding some kind of voting system for the list of suggestions, so people could easily +1 suggestions and you could see what is popular and what to put effort in first.

3 Likes

Good idea, though we can see the number of likes. It’s kinda the same thing! Plus don’t forget we are all working DJs too so we get to experience and appreciate these recommendations first hand.

@DJ_Boothe what happened with this topic?

It would had been nice if we could tick the “suggestions” that are implemented in Version 1.1. and which ones remains open for the next update.

I don’t know how it was, but I ran across a forum once, where every member got like 7 (not sure about the exact number) of points he/she could “spend” on voting for any of the mentioned items on the wishlist. Also you could add a new wish. You could maximum put 3 points on a single item. So you would always have to pick at least three.

As soon as an upgrade was done, the done items were removed from the list and you got another x points to spend. That way the community could actively influence what items got highest priorities.

I liked it, seemed to work real well.

1 Like

What was the product or service that was the focus of the voting?

I give @DJ_Vintage 1 point for this suggestion.

I do have the impression that the updates incl in EP 1.1 are not the updates the users would have voted for.

1 Like

1 Point for you :slight_smile:

I feel bad for the people who probably put lots of work into the new version of Engine. From what I heard the database has completely been rewritten. Maybe it’s just a necessary step that will help with future updates.

Keep the suggestions and feature request coming in however, the order in which enhancements are applied, is a very structured process. For example. The recent database changes needed to be in-place before some of the forthcoming changes. No point in hanging up all the pictures first, if you’re about to paint all the walls.

1 Like

This sounds like the voting system of Uservoice: LINK - Voting (legacy feature)

1 Like