Serato And Hotstarts...? (Solved)

DJHamel

Post 15 Apr 2013 13:01

Hey Guys,

I’m looking for some help. I just got my New 3900’s over the weekend, upgrading from my DNS5000’s. And I must say, I’M IN LOVE! So knowing that I just got them over the weekend, I’m starting off Fresh New Start. I’ve updated my Sratch Live to 2.4.4. And I’ve ran the updates on the 3900’s firmware to V1050. I’ve tried using Engine, and I think that will just take some getting used too. But For Serato. I loaded the Mapping Files downloaded from Denons Site. Everything works great!!! I assigned my left deck to Midi Channel 5, Right to Channel 6. I’m working on Windows 7. The Knob to select songs, Looping, Auto Loop, Fast Forward, Rewind, Dump. All works great. Hotstarts, not so much. In order to set or Add a hotstart, I should be able to just simple press a hot start. That doesn’t work. If I hit “CLR & A HOT CUE” it sets the hot cue point. Then if I just simply hit that Hot Cue, it activates the hot cue (Going back to that cue or hot start) and it will remain active… I can hit the Hot Cue as many times as I want, and it goes back, like it’s supposed to. Again, I have to hold CLR and then select the hot start to activate it. In order to clear that hotstart, I need to “X” it on SSL itself. I tried remapping in Serato, didn’t make a difference.

Any thoughts?

Thanks for the help!

DENON

Post 15 Apr 2013 13:30

Just by pushing a Hot Start sets it. There is no clear, correct. Since you devirginized the file, delete it and reload a fresh one from the website, thanks.

DJHamel

Post 26 Jul 2013 19:35

Found the Cure to my concern… It the Setup screen of Serato, I didn’t have “Endable Hot Cue” clicked. A Simple Click of that function, and I’m back in Business!!!

Just thought I would share this.

Case can be considered “Resolved” :smiley:

DENON post 27 Jul 2013 17:45

Thanks for the follow up!