Search is capital sensitive

Anyone noticed that the search function in the software is capital sensitive. I wish it could be turn off. Some titles are with capitals others aren’t… anyone having the same issue?

Maybe I’m doing something different, but I haven’t been able to reproduce your issue.

I know it may be a bit tedious, but can you give a bit more info on what you’re doing to get the capitalization issue to happen.

Thanks, Vince

Hi Vince,

Strange, now it’s working fine. It wasn’t consistent, but now I can’t evoke it… Next time I run into the issue I will grab a screenshot. But let’s hope thats not needed!

Regards, Jaco

That’s odd - sounds like a bug for sure based on what you described. I guess we’ll have to just keep a watchful eye on it.

Cheers, Vince

It happend again. Screenshots are below…

Strange thing is, 5 minutes later it works. Even without a restart.

Jaco, Thanks for following up. That’s really odd. If you do catch this again, can you check a few things so that we can have a better stab at reproducing this in our labs?

What’s going on in the Job monitor when this is happening? That’s the progress bar on the bottom right hand corner of the screen. Click on it to bring up more info.

Is it just caps that fails to return a proper result or is it more? ie: artist names also don’t show up when searched for…

Also, how often have you been bumping into this? ie: It happens in the first 5 minutes of using Engine Prime, but only happens 1 out of 10 program uses or so…

I’ll have the engineers keep a keen eye out for this in the meanwhile.

Thanks,

Vince

The second screenshot (with no result) shows a ‘space’ after the r… But I think that’s not the problem, because the title in screenshot 1 has also a space after Bailar -

I think the issue has to do with wrong or accidentally Filters set by the Arrow besides the magnifying glass icon. When this is set to ‘Search All’ the results would give a message ’ XXX is not in your collection ‘. When filters are applied the message says ’ XXX could not be found. Click the arrow within the search field to expand.’ XXX would be your search input.

Played with the filters and changing them after a search could indeed cause buggy issues with capitals… Recorded a video of what happens here:

Video is on Vimeo because its to big to upload: https://vimeo.com/259277159

@AIRVince, did you see the video?

Hey Addie,

I did - thanks for taking the time to make the video. The guys in the lab have had a hard time reproducing it even with the video aid. If there’s anything else that you have to add -( ex: like you’ve started from Engine 1.0 and then upgraded to 1.1) that you think may be relevant, please let me know.

Cheers, Vince