SC5000M announcement

Check Pricespy

I can see brand new unit for £1199/€1368 (dealer special)

Bought my pair for £2648 November 2017

Recommended retail price was €1799 over here from the start, but what’s your point in all this?

Anyway, replace Pioneer with Apple and your good to go.

The point is the players not holding their value well, also in light of the ‘new’ players. Would gladly pay the full price with everything working and long term value stability.

Sure, Pioneer completely failed to innovate (which Apple still does). That’s why I bought the Denons.

That’s because Pioneers are everywhere in the market. They hold value because of that and Pioneer can ask whatever price they see fit. Just like Apple does.

And don’t get me wrong, I have bought the iPhone X, so I’m not a Samsung fanboy. Let’s be honest, the iPhone is not so innovative anymore and lacks stuff already on other smartphones. Still people buy them blindly.

All this will be interesting. Pioneer needs to come up with a similar unit as the SC, but they cannot ask the premium price anymore, which is good for the consumer. Or perhaps the marketing will do a good job and everybody dives in at $3000 (CDJ-3000)…

2 Likes

I bought the 5000M and I am very pleased with how they work. I’ve tried the 2000nxs2 and I didn’t like them. Plastic, terrible sound quality and not price worthy . The Denon sounds great, 2 layers and I got two for approx the same price as one Pioneer. It’s another eco-system, updated to today’s standard. Yes, the primeware is not as good as the other yet but it’s getting there and it transforms RB into Prime. I understand why DJ’s who cares for sound quality, no plastic feeling and the controller like possibilites that are built in have change the rider. I love them and I like to learn new things and develop new skills.

Another point is that you should really buy some good USB-sticks. Look for write and read speed for best performance. Good ones are expensive but you are in a win situation because the player will load and read much faster than with bad ones. I’ve tried and the difference matters. So go for good USB and SSD drives.

Hello @AIRVince, Chloe et al

Would you have any updates on the Serato support for the Ms?

Seems the 72s are getting all the TLC in the current betas.

1 Like

We’re actively working on SC5000M + Serato DJ integration. No ETA but I can confirm it is currently in development.

4 Likes

Thanks for the reassuring update. Eagerly anticipated :man_mechanic:t5:

And the excitement builds. :-p

1 Like

I hate to ask obvious questions, but I cannot find this online. Does the 5000M have a “jog only mode” to disable the vinyl platter’s motion? My current unit is the new S4.3 and I can bounce between haptic/vinyl mode and simple jog.

Yes - I think the button is labelled “Motor”

1 Like

Thanks. I found a manual online as well. So it sounds like, when the motor is off, the platter behaves exactly as the standard SC5000.

That’s what I hoped to find. The only compromise is $500 and the lack of record label in the center display then.

I have purchased one of each. After using them multiple times, I cant make up my mind which I like more. Love the platter feel and movement for scratching. Love the look of the other with the media in the center. I really like having one of each.