SC5000 - Audio Interruption on Loaded Track Playback

Both SC5000 players experience 2-5 secs audio interruption when playing loaded tracks. The track plays continuously but audio is completely lost generally at the beginning of a track as if the Engine Prime system is still loading and analyzing the track. This only happens once on the first play through. If I re-cue or spin back the track, it doesn’t happen for the remainder of the track. When I put the SC player on “Continuous” mode, audio is lost briefly for 2-5 secs at the beginning of 1 out of 4 tracks. I’m new to the Denon Prime Series (Nov 2018) and I absolutely love the equipment, features and overall advanced technology. Coming from 2000NXS2, I can attest to the absolute superiority of this product. However, I’m somewhat disappointed in the audio issues. Granted the issue might be related to the flash drive. I’m using PNY Turbo Drive 64 GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive (FAT32) that’s connected to USB2 in the rear of SC unit. I’m having the same issue with both SC players (network link so expected). I have video evidence if that helps. Please advise.

Computer Info:

• Mac Mini (C07NQ7DCG1HW)
  • Operating System: macOS Mojave
  • Processor Type/Speed: 2.6 GHz Intel Core i5
  • Memory: 8GB
  • Storage: 1 TB

Engine Prime: SC5000 (V 1.2.2) ; X1800 (V 1.1.1)

Hey Serge,

Sorry you’re running into issues. Your issue does sound like that the drive is struggling to give the players audio in time.

Taking a look at the amount of frustrated reviews on amazon (see here), I could imagine that this may be the issue.

The easiest thing to do to troubleshoot this would be to try a different drive. I’ve had no issues with Samsung drives, and I’m sure members here would be happy to also recommend drives that they have had good luck with.

Thank you for the prompt reply. The flash drive is brand new but it’s probably defective. Read the Amazon reviews and it appears that the latest line of PNY Turbo flash drives is having major issues with systemic failure, slow read and write transfer speeds and incompatibility with certain high performance media players. Just ordered new Samsung flash drives. The reviews are solid. Thanks again!

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.