HI all, curious fi anyone has play/cue button issues. I have one deck that will work for a short time, then play and cue wont respond. If I hold the cue button down it will play but I cant do that all night long!! Had the cue and play micro switches replaced and still the same problem. Regards. Steve.
I should mention this happens in midi and cd mode.
Only one unit? Did you change “cue mode” setting in the utility of the unit?
Also, please explain how is cue button not responsive if you say it plays the track until you release the cue button (that is standard behaviour if you don’t press play while holding cue)? That indicates only play button is not responsive.
How long ago were the microswitches replaced?
Yep only one unit. I didn’t know that holding the cue button down would play! Never had to do that. In any case it wont cue the track when pressed. Cue mode is as it should be. Microswicthes replaced this week, only picked it up from repair shop today
- When using “Standard” mode: Pause the track in the position where you want to set the cue point, and press CUE. The cue point is set at the paused position.
- When using “DENON” mode: Pause the track in the position where you want to set the cue point, and start playback. The cue point is set at the paused position. • Irrespective of the mode, the cue point is set at the start of the
track when the track is loaded.
OK, I wanna ask you how are you using the CUE since you said you never had to press and hold in your workflow (since that is the whole purpose of if while manually beatmatching on CD players) but that would be offtopic.
- make sure you have the 1168 firmware installed on BOTH units
- reset them to default settings
- try connecting them to PC in midi mode and use a midi monitoring app like midi-ox to verify both CUE buttons are sending a signal (to verify that the repair has been done right)
Thanks Slay, I’ve just never use the cue in that way but as you say off topic for now! Cue is set a s standard, not Denon. I’ve always just use the platter to get my cue point then hit cue to set it. Old school vinyl style I guess 1168 is installed. Reset default changes nothing Will try a midi app soon. Although not sure midi is the problem as it does the same when in CD mode. Cheers Steve