Ringing noise when MC4000 is plugged in

Hi I just bought an MC4000. It makes a hi pitched ringing noise when plugged in. I returned it and bought a different one and it does the same. Does anyone else have this problem? Should I just send it back and try another brand?

I am a novice.

Thanks for any help.

A bit more details will be needed

1. What computer
  2. How are you connecting to speakers
  3. Where is the ringing noise? From your speakers or head Phone? Or both?
  1. What computer - Dell but the ringing occurs even if the MC4000 is not connected to the computer.
  2. How are you connecting to speakers - I have connected speakers using required (new) cables. Conncected as stated in the manual. I have tried from every audio output including headphones. The ringing occurs in all outputs.
  3. Where is the ringing noise? From your speakers or head Phone? Or both? I believe the ringing is coming from within the MC4000 unit. If the unit is connected to any audio output it can be heard.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

What computer - Dell but the ringing occurs even if the MC4000 is not connected to the computer.

How are you connecting to speakers - I have connected speakers using required (new) cables. Conncected as stated in the manual. I have tried from every audio output including headphones. The ringing occurs in all outputs. Where is the ringing noise? From your speakers or head Phone? Or both? I believe the ringing is coming from within the MC4000 unit. If the unit is connected to any audio output it can be heard.

Thanks. Any help appreciated.

Interesting case, I doubt that two units would have the same flaw out of the box. Or if it was a production error, there would have been more reports.

Sure you are not suffering from Tinnitus? Just kidding!

Since it apparently makes the noise when nothing is connected, have you tried plugging it in at various outlets (different rooms and such), perhaps there is something wrong with the power at your place?

If it’s not in the unit (or the way it is hooked up), then you have to start looking at other things outside the unit. Or at least rule those out before deciding that yes, it is in the actual unit and clearly in more new units.