Mixer making sounds and Audio Dropout

I’m having the same issue!

I ordered my unit in December 2018 and this started happening around March of this year. I’ve been trying to diagnose the issue but been unsuccessful.

Unfortunately I’ve also been unable to submit a support request through the website. I just receive an error message:

Mixer Issues How are we going with this issue. I had it fail in the club and luckily had a pioneer backup. I checked and updated the firmware and it went away but now it’s back so I’m thinking it was a coincidence.

After a long line of lies from Denon UK. I got the unit replaced by my retailer. Denon UK said it was the audio PCB causing the problem.

I just started to get the same issue. I have had the mixer since 2017 and am way outside the warranty term of 1 year. Was told send it to a service center all out of pocket. Not happy at all.

You might need to connect the bottom ground posts together like in this video if some of them are not fully contacting the metal case

(Edit: posted by bassweight on YT

Some people will get lucky with this fix for a short time like i did, but then i dug abit deeper in to this problem. The problem is a row of 25v 100uf capacitors next to the relays on the top board with all the inputs and outputs. the capacitors are rubycon pk series and maybe denon bought a big batch of bad capacitors. You will see two relays next to the xlr outputs and some more further down the board, change the 25v 100uf capacitors next to the relays, it will stop this issue my advice is use 105c low esr 25v 100uf caps, when i measured the original capacitors they had halfed in capacitance and were around 56uf this causes the relays to chatter or vibrate causing loss of output or distortion.)

3 Likes

Hi All,

Sorry to hear of the difficulty. Please contact our technical support team for further assistance with this issue.

Support : Denon DJ

7 Likes

Messaging you currently.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.