MIDI Implementation Documentation

Hello - does anyone have MIDI implementation information for the MC7000 that you could share? I can’t find it anywhere on the site. I want to buy one to use with DJ Player Pro for iOS, but I need to make sure I will be able to map it properly.

Thanks for your help!

Hello,

Thanks for posting.

I apologize for the inconvenience, but this information is not publicially available. However, I’ll be happy to submit this as a feature request for you. However, you can use a MIDI monitoring software to retrieve all the MIDI CC commands. I’ve included links for these below:

MIDI Monitor - Mac OS X - http://www.snoize.com/MIDIMonitor/

MIDI Monitor is a free utility for Mac OS X which displays MIDI signals in a variety of formats. It can watch both incoming and outgoing MIDI streams, and can filter them by message type and channel.

1. Make sure any DJ software is closed.
  2. Download, and install MIDI Monitor.
  3. Open MIDI Monitor.
  4. Click on the Sources tab to view MIDI devices. Confirm that your USB/MIDI device is listed.
  5. Once you confirm your MIDI device is connected and listed. Press any buttons on your controller or move the platter(s)/fader(s) to see which MIDI CC commands are being sent.

MIDI-OX - PC - http://www.midiox.com/

1. Download and install MIDI-OX.
  2. Run the MIDI OX application.
  3. Select the Options menu and select MIDI Devices. Make sure to select MIDI inputs and MIDI Outputs for the MIDI controller, in this case the USB Audio Device and click OK.
  4. Select the View menu and select Input Monitor. The field type, Data1, contains the CC information. Test the functions of your controller in the monitor.

I hope this helps!

1 Like

Thanks Bill. Please submit the feature request. This document is available for the MCX8000, and it is a standard practice to release this info

You will ultimately get more sales if customers can use whatever software they want to.

Thanks!

1 Like

After so many months no midi implementation document released yet, can you please release it or its that difficult?

As the unit is supported natively by Serato and Virtual DJ, and there is a mapping file for Traktor, on the webpage, we’ve not compiled a chart of the MIDI commands.

However, these commands can be identified by using MIDI monitoring software. One such package is mentioned near the top of this thread. Thanks

Am just saying that it would be easier for us to have the MIDI Document because we wouldn’t have to spend time searching for something like midi commands by installing special programs and finding them one by one. Every other company is releasing this type of information. I still hope that this will happen eventually.

By the way Traktor mapping is not perfect for example there is no way to select which deck is the Master deck (or maybe i didn’t find it yet :slightly_smiling_face:). Or Shrinking and extending the loop size by using the Jogwheel+shift. Also there is no Reloop button.

Am glad that the staff is reading our pots and is answering to us!

Should Shift Panel be registering the same button as Browser Push?

‘shift_panel’ and ‘browser_push’ are both in the ‘Key’ drop down menu in VDJ Controller Window but pressing Shift and Panel it shows up as the button 'shift_browser_push. Is this a bug or intended?

It’s not a mapping issue as removing the mapping, the VDJ receiving as window, midi window (what ever it’s name is) shows it as such.

Thank you.

Could any one please check this for me or confirm it?