Latest Price Drop on the SC5000 and SC5000M

Yeah, unless you only want a rotary, I’d recommend the X1800 to go with them.

The X1800 is a good mixer but i prefer to recommend the new Xone 96, sound amazing

Yeah was about to ask why not the X1800 too! Especially at the price it’s at! Ties the whole wonderful system together really well!

It’s good that there is no ultimate mixer.

The X1800, for me, was a no-brainer in combination with the SC’s. I need to be able to hookup usb, phono, analog and digital simultaneously.

I’ve looked at several A&H’s, the Model1 etc. and with those I needed to make a concession one way or the other. Mostly they are analog at heart and I don’t need the warmth of a mixer to add coloration of the sound.

Now, I must say I was hesitant at first, but the X1800 sounds very clean and is a joy to play with.

Btw how the quality of the fader ? i tried the X1800 in my local store in paris but i was a little disappointed with the quality, it seemed not robust not as tight as a DJM 900Nexus 2 or A&H Mixers, maybe i’m wrong :thinking:

I actually asked that way back, because I want a better feel also coming from the analog mixer era myself.

Fadertype of channel faders? Crossfader blind panel option?

Sound quality wise there is no difference; it’s all a kind of VCA. No audio goes through it.

I would have liked TKD faders or ALPS k-faders. TKD is used in the Model1 and Xone96.

Small thing but big for me is I love how loose the channel faders are on the x1800 because I cut with those quite a bit! So that is awesome for me!

I’ve always used serato for my efx main ones being echo & echo out also the filters so the next mixer I go for has to have good echo’s. I like the look of the Mixars Quattro due to the pads on it allowing me use my samples also the price is decent compared to others has anyone used this mixer??

I got a Quattro (hoping it had the same quality as my Duo). I was rather disappointed. The efx were very bland. The flanger sounded metallic.

Hi! I want to buy 2 x SC5000 and 1 x X1800. Do you know where in Europe I can get this equipment in the best price now? From USA to Poland the shipment costs about 570$ and the taxes are about 300-400$ so it’s too expensive. Greetings!

Germany or The Netherlands, I would think.

The temporary price drop is, or was , a good thing. I’ve been saving up since I saw the Primes in May. It’s only cause of the price sale that I’ve been able to get mine now before Christmas holidays otherwise at full price I’d have had to have waited on the purchase until January.

With the busy party season coming up, I’m not loading any firmware updates in now until after December anyhows.

Best Price i found…

https://www.strumentimusicali.net/product_info.php/products_id/76530/denon-dj-prime-bundle-2x-sc5000-prime-1x-x1800-prime.html?keywords=denon+prime

It was good enough to grab a 5KM

Price drop + Black Friday = Prime setup for me. Not had chance to really play with them yet but I’m loving everything so far. I got the M’s because I love things that rotate (and I’m old).

3 Likes

Okay so I went for a Prime setup today but somehow bailed on the idea (nerves?).

I’m from the UK but work on a famous cruise ship that travels the Atlantic each week and noticed the price drop in Guitar Centre. They are $999 for the SC5000 and $1299 for the X18000 but $2999 for the package. I noticed they are £3200 in the UK (BopDJ) but with the tax added for NYC it’s still cheaper in the USA. They are dual voltage so power isn’t an issue.

So do I? I have the MCX8000 and soooo tempted but at the last minute I’ve decided not to. I have the space in the DJ box but feel holding on for NAMM to see if there is a MCX8000 Prime is the best option. If not, I think I’ll do it but would love something that little bit smaller for travelling.

Issue will be with Warranty if something goes wrong.

To the best of my knowledge only Apple has a worldwide warranty.

Luckily I work on a cruise ship that is in NYC every 2 weeks so should be all good for that.

It works out much better financially to get it in the US. Still tempted!

Hi! Now I’m a happy user of 2x Denon SC5000. I found the best price (in Europe) in my local shop. They gave me very good price for pair - 9200 PLN (2144€/2460$).

Link to the shop: www.djpro.pl

On website they have old price for the player (7399PLN for one player) - now (if you will write for them) they should sell you one player for 4600PLN (1072€/1230$).

Regards, Tenk

By the end of next year I’ll snap up this gear for pennies on the dollar