Key sorting (incorrect?)

when sorting the files on e.g. title or artist both engine and the SC5000 are doing it correctly on alpabetic order HOWEVER when doing a sort on KEY (using camelot) the sorting is done incorrectly…

Sorting ascending:

8B 8A 9B 9A 10B 10A 11B 11A 12B 12A 1B 1A 2B 2A etc

This is not logical and hope this can/will be changed

3 Likes

Could it be that in a different key format, e.g.: one of the non Camelot formats, these are in the correct order eg: A# AM vs Am etc ?

looks like “open key” is being sorted correctly…but would expect it to be sorted correctly for every “key” types.

maybe a suggestion to get this “sorted” :wink: in the next update of engine.

@paul_denondj

Message received polderboy…

1 Like

How are we getting on with this, still bugging me!!!

2 Likes

@paul_denondj or @Gee_DenonDJ any update on this request we are 12 months past by…

In the 9 months that have elapsed since this thread started, I think it’s safe to say that there have been a huge number of updates to both Engine Prime and the SC5000 firmware - and there’s more to come, the next, very soon in fact.

This feature suggestion is still indeed on the list for requests.

Once I get any additional information on this, I’ll post it up.

1 Like

Disappointed to see that key sort is still not fixed - it just make no logical sense to start with an 8!!! Come on guys, get on this, throw out a new update next week, surely it can’t be that hard to resolve :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

Blockquote

Why? Because an update doesn’t have any fixes whatsoever that affected my use of the Denons, but a simple issue that was raised over a year ago hasn’t been touched?

what a shame that this request has not been included in the most recent update, but assume this is now a bit higher on the list of requested features…….

to put it nicely I’m a bit dissapointed.

1 Like

Here we are July 1st 2021, and this issue appears to not be resolved. Sorting starting at 7 or 8 does not make sense. What are we missing here?

Even worse… today’s August

Oh look, it is Aug first. Not 7A, it’s 8A. Lol.

1 Like

Maybe it bothers you, but in fact for me (and for many others, I believe) it doesn’t change anything , being a “wheel notation”, it doesn’t have a real “start” and “end”.

1 Like

It is not all that intuitive to read and since I mix in key a great deal with BPM, having 8A at the top when VDJ can sort from 1A on down, it would be nice to have. But I guess my request is just nonsense.

2 Likes

I think Camelot 8A was on top by design, because that’s Open Key 1m. Sorting seems to be done under the hood based on the Open key list. 1m, 1a, 2m etc…

I think it would be nice to have Camelot sorting be done like you say. Maybe in a future version.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.