iOS issues with dn-x1600

Is the x1600 running on windows 7/10 ? This isn’t my preferred option but if I can’t get it running on sierra I would bootcamp my mac.

There is an official Windows 10 driver for the x1600, yes. I found it to be a little glitchy, so I downgraded back to Windows 8.1 with the previous multi-product Denon driver (2.2.2 I believe) and it continues to run smooth as silk.

So the best option would bei windows 8, if it’s impossible with Sierra ?

I would think your best option if you’re on a Mac would be to roll back to El Cap or Yos, but if you want to keep Sierra for other reasons then yes, I’ve had no issues using Win 8.1 on a dedicated DJ system.

I Finally sold the x1600 and bought an pio djm 850 which supports Sierra.

My frustration here is that this mixer was clearly sold as Class Compliant… from their own mouth:

http://denondj.com/kb/article/1747 The Denon DJ DN-X1600 is a class compliant audio device and does not require any additional drivers to work on in Mac computers.

Apparently it is not, although it probably means this is Apple’s fault, but it doesn’t make me feel better about this brick I used to call a mixer.

1 Like

probably a long shot but may work with high sierra hope hope

Yeah, people have been using old Rane SL1 interfaces in Sierra, there no telling now in what future OS update these will or will not work.

@Gee_DenonDJ Any intentions of testing this previous generation of Denon mixers with macOS High Sierra 10.13? Just to save us the hassle of trying to combine users with such mixers and laptops with the latest macOS (considering you probably have all three at your disposal)?

Sorry, bad news: http://denondj.com/kb/article/2360

Not only the previous generation of mixers still doesn’t work with this OS version but support has been broken with some more Denon DJ legacy products: MC3000, MC6000mk1 and SC3900

Thanks for the info Time to sell my mc 3000 :frowning:

i hold on to my dnx 1600 for another couple of years i aint forking out £1300 for the x1800. allen and heath supported their legacy products why can’t denon dj, just because the product came out before inmusic purchased denondj they not interested.

1 Like

Yep, sad decision that the x1600 is no more supported. It was a big plus that it was also Traktor scratch certified.

1 Like

I’m going to sell my dn-x1600 because i can’t use the soundcard in my macbook pro with osx sierra…

I bought my dn-x 1600 two years ago and in a few months i couldn’t use the soundcard… Incredible!!

I will buy an analogue mixer and external soundcard.

1 Like

There is an interesting opinion piece on one of the DJ sites (forget at the moment - probably Worx) talking about just this - sound cards in mixers and how they don’t trust them.

The short version of that article: Mixers are long, long, LONG lasting pieces of kit. It’s not hard to find 20+ year old mixers still kicking along just fine. Sound cards on the other hand are fussy, OS-dependent, driver-dependent high tech parts with much shorter life spans. Putting the two together means you either get shorter life span mixers, or long life mixers with a lot of dead parts in them. Their conclusion was that it is better to buy them separately unless you really need to convenience of them being bundled.

Anyway, it was an interesting read. But to your specific problem - you can just buy the soundcard. The mixer itself works just fine still.

Finally i sold my dn-x1600

1 Like

I’m DJing at an NFL event tomorrow and my f*ing X1600 no longer works after upgrading OSX. I’ll have to use my old 2010 hooptie of a Mac running el Captain, or a different mixer that isn’t a paper weight. Ridiculous! Come on Denon! You sold a ton of these. Make a driver.