Importing entire iTunes structure

Is there ANY way that I can import my entire iTunes folders and playlists into Crates in Engine Prime?

1.1 seems to support playlists in folders but doesn’t support imported folders??? Again… REALLY FRUSTRATING!!

It’s such a fundamental and common requirement I really don’t see why it’s been missed out?

following on from my last post: Why doesn’t the SC5000 convert the Rekordbox library to Crates rather than playlists when a USB is first inserted as then the sort options would still be available on the player?

2 Likes

I also feel there are still area’s for improvement as it relates to importing/converting from other “platforms” like ITunes or Rekordbox into Engine Prime.

I have not yet stopped using Rekordbox as my main application to analyze, set cue/loops etc.

Not sure what the status is with rekordbuddy as they are mentioning for some time now a conversion solution from Rekordbox to Engine Prime.

1 Like

Library conversion is key to dj’s considering migration over to EP. I’m sure EP engineers are hard at work getting this all sorted, and hopefully once they have an effective solution, there will be tutorial vids and the such.

1 Like

Any improvements with EP and iTunes?

1 Like

Afternoon all, there will be some improvements to Engine Prime covering these topics in the next update.

Thank you for your patience, as some of you may know inMusic (who own Denon DJ among others) have made a $10m investment into a 22 strong software development team in New Zealand who’s core focus is on DJ software.

Regards J

3 Likes

It will be nice to be able to import all crates eg from Serato to Engine with one or two clicks.

• First click: Refresh Database
  • Second click: Import all tracks to collection (mirror crates or playlist if applicable ○ yes ● no)
2 Likes

so, back again with Engine 2.0.whatever and still the thing is a clunky mess.

I use Serato, Traktor & Rekordbox depending on what event/venue I’m in so use itunes as my central database as all DJ software imports from iTunes. I know from reading multiple forums that this is a common way for working DJs to operate so I’m definitely not alone in this approach.

I’ve tried multiple times to fins a way of importing and keeping an up to date library in Engine DJ and so far no solution seems to work.

I’m now back to ignoring Engine DJ desktop app completely and converting playlists into Rekordbox before usuing the ‘on the fly’ conversion of the players themselves.

I can’t even turn up and use the Prime 4 in the venue to do the conversion as I’m taking over from another DJ and the player is useless while the conversion is happing so there will be silence. So. I have to use my Prime Go at home to convert to Denon before I leave to use the Prime 4 in a venue!

SO… two things:

1. when you add a few songs to your collection is there any way that the player can tell that you have only added these few songs and just convert those instead of having to analyse and convert your entire collection?

2. For me to get tracks form my iTunes to use with Pioneer gear it’s as simple as opening Sync in Rekordbox, reading in my iTunes, converting them to Rekordbox format and exporting to the USB. I don’t IMPORT my library to Rekorbox desktop app, I only use the app for the conversion.

Can there be a simple process in the Engine DJ desktop app that doers the exact same thing?? iTunes → Denon DJ → USB

OR… can there be a ‘short cut’ that allows me to put a Rekorbox enabled USB into Engine DJ and do the ‘on the fly’ conversion that happens in the players. This would save me having to use the Prime Go to do something that could be done better on my powerful laptop?

1 Like

I think you can.

Plug the usb to laptop

Then when you get to the update rekordbox xml step use the xml file located in the rekordbox prepared usb stick

where can I find it in the Usb stick as not shown up anywhere?

(won’t allow me to attach an image as I’m a ‘new user’ despite being on here for 4 years)

Or try lexicon. I “think but dont shoot me” it does exactly what your after doing

there should be an xml on the rekordbox usb stick. if its not on the root, check the folders

Put the synced Rekordbox usb into Prime Go, then let it convert. Take usb out and plug it into engine dj computer. It will show up and you can analyze tracks in computer. It’s not optimal but better than analyzing on Prime Go.