I just downloaded Engine Prime. Initial thoughts!

Certainly. This forum is official and whilst it’s not the case that every Moderator or Admin is a member of Denon DJ staff, the forum is looked at by several Denon DJ / inMusic Staff.

Glad to hear, Thank you!!

Hey Brichi, The dev team are actively looking at these posts and are already looking into issues that have been posted so far.

1 Like

awesome thank you Alan!! Long long time Pio guy but this new series is insane, hoping the few minor issues i see get updates on players and software so i can pull the trigger and buy a few!

1 Like

If you ever need a beta tester let me know :slight_smile:

I think that the Engine PRIME software is very good for what you need it to do at the time: analyze your tracks in preparation for using SC5000s. We’ve all had years using other softwares (Traktor in my case), and PRIME will never replace that for me. I’ve been continuing to prep my tracks with Traktor, then import them after running them through RekordBuddy 2 software for Serato analysis. There are a few extra steps, but I’m pleased with how well Engine PRIME recognized my hot cues and beat markers etc.

But boys, I too am concerned with echo chamber syndrome. Sometimes a single member is suggesting a feature (no problems there) but then post it again and again over 3 weeks or so.

Many seem to be treating any post merely as a thinly disguised Way of signposting other brands.

Hardly surprising with the amount of gear envy that the Primes are creating. They’re like pheromones :lips:

This spot is being actively followed by the product team responsible. That same product team are active DJs as well. Amazing many of these suggestions do echo what could be next steps so please continue to comment as it does help solidify those steps. Echo away.

Where can i find describes what the difference in dynamic or static in analyse setting is?

Is that the dynamic or static time feature, rather than analysis ?

This setting determines whether or not pitch adjustment affects how the track time is displayed. When set to Static, the track’s time corresponds to locations in the track as usual; adjusting the pitch does not affect it. When set to Dynamic, the track’s time will automatically adjust to account for changes in pitch. For instance, if you set the pitch fader to -8%, the track time will increase so it is 8% longer.

It’s surprising how many players from all brands fall short on this simple bit of maths. If you have a 5 minute track, (that’s a 300 second track) and you go for plus 10% pitch the actual remaining time on that track is 4 minutes 30 seconds.

That’s 30 seconds less for us to chat in pairs in the toilets!

It’s time for me to take off the heels and be blunt.

There’s a ocean-load of, lying, fibbing,quite frankly, dirty tricks style “reviews” of Engine Prime, in amongst a few genuine comments, where time has REALLY been taken to appreciate the software. IMO The scathing comments are incorrect due to either deliberate lying, or down to people not even trying the software, just reading other people’s lies and backing up the liars.

I suspect it’s owners of other brands, who may well have paid a lot more for their gear, have felt that pride for a year or two of owning the top of the range gear … and now they own the second place gear, if they don’t own Denon Primes.

There have been comments of “there’s no bear grids” (when clearly there are), Beyoncé has been mentioned more times here in the last week than on the official Beyoncé home page (feels that way) as part of search discussions, someone’s even thrown all their toys out the stroller for there being … wait for it… no volume colntrol - oh oh deal breaker.

All this by day 3 of release - on free software.

It comes across as immature boys, but let me say this , it’s not all of you, it’s not even a reasonable percentage of you - it’s just a little little little percentage of the forum members. Clearly the “other brand” (former leader) brand have their fanboys, who have realised quickly that the other brand has nothing to match or beat the Denon Prime hardware, not by a long way, so they’re going after the 3 day old software.

Low, transparent, immature … my word, I think I dated you once … didn’t last long. :lips:

2 Likes

Thank you for clarifying! Much appriciated! And @Ms_DayZee also. But i dont think we dated. And i am definitly no P-fanboy. Just used to lots of funcio alitys in traktor and very eager to understand and familiarize myself with denon so i can start doing shows with my new toys as soon as they arrive.

have you figured out how to make your hot cues come up? i have the same problem i went from traktor to serato with rekordbuddy no problems all the playlists i made in traktor with there cue points and beat markers are there and in the right order i want to play them. in engine prime i updated the serato tab and all the crates show up , no problems there when i go inside a crate the order i had them arranged in traktor is all messed up with no way to correct it and the cue points are missing. what am i doing wrong ???

This is curious. Some people are mentioning that their Serato Hot Cues etc are all being pulled in fine, but other people are not getting all theirs. Obviously, its the same version of Engine Prime for everyone (Except Windows versions, versus Mac versions) so, I’d be wondering whats different with the Source, rather than the destination.

It was mentioned on another thread that someone had to change one of their Serato folder names on their PC from “SeratoLIVE” to “Serato” for the import to work. I wonder if there are any other folder name differences between the various iterations of Serato, Serato Scratch Live, Serato Intro, Serato Video etc…

Anyone out there who’s gone through several different Serato’s in their time ?

:joy::joy::joy: best comment in the whole thread, LOL… best part is, I hate beyonce. LOL

you’re right DayZee, people jump on and are quick to bash with incorrect reviews its sad.

I’m noticing if i set cues manually in Serato and create sub crates in serato they come over to Engine fine BUT if I use Rekordbuddy to bring over my Rekordbox playlists/subcrates and cues to serato and then import to Engine, the sub crates and cues do not come over, I have to make a new crate in serato, drag the subrcrates to the new crate and then refresh engine and they will show up but still no cue points are coming over unless they were originally created in serato

You can delete the whole not working part, i got it running. Problem was an é in my user account name on Windows.

On 4k monitors, you can adjust the size of text scale and it should fix the issue. In my office I have ultra wide 3440 x 1440 resolution monitor and a 4k TV. On the TV I have the scale set to 300%.