How do I use Engine with my usb drives?

I am new to Engine software and all my files (15,000 mp3s) are on drives (in 20 folders). How do add them to engine (on win10) and properly put them back on usb as Engine ready files to use on my MCX8000 to use as a stand alone player. Thank you all for explaining.

The drives you have your tracks on now, they are hard drives? Do you want all your music on one USB-device for MCX?

They are on 2 64gb 2.0 flashdrives I have a 128gb 3.0 flashdrive. Stick I would like to use as my media source for my mcx800 as a standalone

Drag your files into your engine library, analyse them, then plug in your Destination Engine USB sticks it will show up in if it’s properly formatted for engine,

you can create playlists in them and drag the tracks into playlist. With that size of library though be prepared to wait especially with the 2.0 sticks.

Also sort your playlist and tracks in the order you’d will most likely want to play them before exporting to Engine.

But the music is already on the flash drive. I have dragged them into Engine, they’ve been analyzed, and I’ve done the “Engine Target Database” onto this same flash drive… but I cannot get any music files to show up on the display screen, when I plug said usb stick into the MCX8000, and use the selection knob.

Are you using 1.5 or Prime?

Is the thumb drive formatted the right way?

I’ve tried both including the new version of Prime for MCX8000.

Yes the drive is formatted in Fat 32.

To use the Prime DB your MCX8000 has to be running the beta firmware available here.

Personally I would go that way as engine 1.5 has a whole host of issues.