Feature Requests - What would You like to see?

I think this is (in part) already in preferences.

Check KEY filter and BPM filter.

1 Like

I think what he wants is for the BPM and key information to be transmitted between the units rather than having to manually select the BPM and key under Filter on the deck you want to search for a track on. You know, like VDJ already does automatically.

I would also add that maybe a setting in utility/preferences for the pads in trigger mode to automatically trigger upon being set rather than requiring a second press.

1 Like

Hey Reese,

Will check tomorrow but cannot recall such an option right now. Are you referring to the standard search? I might be missing something here!

I am thinking of a feature that shows me right on screen what is currently running on the other deck (Title, BPM, Key, …) and let’s me just update my search results based on what is playing on the other deck. Showing the track is optional to me, just a button within the search section that would let me match update my search criteria for similair tracks by BPM, Key right away would be awesome.

I currently have to do this manually all the time and it seems like a rather stupid task that could be automated… Meaning this has nothing to do with DJ skill, it is just time consuming.

Later on I could think of a full blown solution like i know it from somewhere else, where you can link matching tracks together in the software and then you can browse them later on the player (as suggestions). Having this integrated with Kado (www.getkado.com) would be a long term wish for me.

Memory points and hot cue banks!

Curious as to what information is even transmitted between the players over the ethernet cable right now. Sync-related info is. Doesn’t that include BPM? You would think key would also be easy to transmit. I notice in v1.2 that the track history on my big Lacie only shows up on the deck the drive is plugged into, so it doesn’t even seem like history or played tracks is shared over link, yet the host deck (for lack of better word) shows all the tracks played from the slaves. too.

1 Like

buenas tardes me gustaria saber si tiene alguna funcion para que cuando termine una cancion automaticamente comience otra o algun modo automix. hay momentos en los que necesitas hacer una pausa o por si hay algun despiste.

por otro lado me gustaria saber si funcionara sc500 prime con el programa algoridim (DJ pro) como en los cdj nexus de pionner, pues con este programa se puede utilizar spotify y es una gran funcion para sc5000 prime, gracias un saludo

it is possible to have the rotation of the picture of the album ?

1 Like
  • search by comments
  • search by years
  • HID for Traktor
2 Likes

I would like to use the master button to tell wich deck/layer is mastertempo. I seldomly use sync, but when i do, the way it works now is confusing for me.

1 Like

I have mentioned before but my number one annoyance still remaining after the great improvements in the last updates of The players and software also, It is vital that on both the players and software in the browsing sections remember the last selected track instead of reverting back to the first track in the list once you leave that folder and then return. Its adding a whole lot more time and stopping flow when getting in a mind-set to then loose your place,

So I have to express this again and also stating that each folder you should browse to should remember the last selected track and keep it centre of screen when you go back to that folder, I have many dozens of genre and sub genre and other Folders for venues and other such things.

4 Likes

I would Like to see 3 or 4 or more spare markers/hotcue type markers obviously separated by appearance from our current markers. Now the big if ! that these are only related to created playlist and not the Track in a collection, this way we can use our markers to remember key points of our performance, Play, stop, and so fourth with what ever one wished to layout/mark up

16 and 32bar dashes on our beat grid for better at a glance visuals for the obvious reasons.

And a personal suggestion that does have benefit, but an option to have a Triangle loop Brace as suppose to the standard, when may not want to zoom all the way out of our grid so can never see enough of our longer loops on screen, the Triangular Brace lets you know its winding down to the end of your loop.

These two suggestion may seem irrelevant to some, but these little things make for a much nicer experience when you are preforming and become so valuable when trying to get your looping on point and precise, also meaning you can also get away with having a much higher Grid sync without worry of missing your point, for instance instead of 1 bar sync it is safer to have 4 beats sync or a higher minus giving us more flexibility but with the safety net of these better visuals.

I forgot one.

The loop brace to also jump forward as well as backwards, at present its wasted only half as great as it could be, as in some software and certainly Mixvibes cross DJ it also jumps the loop forward Seamlessly each time, it was awesome flexibility and so creative on the fly.

Think I am done now for my main requests, all my most wanted. although a little bird has said that we can expect the ability to properly get together and save a playlist set via the player, so I have not mentioned this again.

all my last suggestions obviously also relate to the software .

Sorry, could be being a bit thick here, but do you mean being able to move the loop (4, 8, 16 beats etc) forwards and backwards whilst it is locked on? You can mate, press shift while your loop is using and rotate the loop knob forwards or backwards to move the loop. Apologues if this inset what you meant, couldn’t think what else you were asking!

1 Like

Has the loop move been fixed, now?

When I had the SC5000s (FW 1.0.3) the playhead would jump backwards when moving the loop back, but it would not jump forward when moving the loop forward. The track would rather continue to play normally until it reached the forward moved loop region and then enter the loop. That was kinda strange and non-standard behavior (compared to all major DJ software on the market).

3 Likes

Ah, sorry, I see what you mean now so the play head jumps with the loop? Don’t remember mine ever doing that, always thought that you jumped the loop and then simply waited for it to catch up. I know that Serato does that, but I’ve only used it when it has come to the natural end of the loop so found the Denon version worked better for my needs as I don’t have to get my timing spot on.

I’m struggling to see why you’d skip a loop on mid-loop and not at the end of the phrase anyway (not saying that you shouldn’t), I hate it when music is too choppy and not smooth, though if that’s your style then there should be a way for it to happen.

1 Like

That’s great!

Viva innovation down with copycat building

It does backwards, but (if that hasn’t been changed) not forward.

At least in Traktor, skipping happened in a smooth way and the loop always was moved “in phrase”.

Imagine you set a 16 beat loop at the end of a track (outro) and then suddenly recognize there’s like a small break or a crash in that loop that would be annoying when looped multiple times. I’d just move the loop forward and skip that part.

When properly done, it never sounds choppy :slight_smile:

Is that another try of selling a bug as “innovation”? You know that most features of the SC5000 have been heavily borrowed from DJ software? Why not just do that properly? It’s one of the main selling points of this deck that it acts like your favorite software :wink:

2 Likes

People need to get out of this mindset of “it don’t work da way I think it oughta work” as a bug. Likewise “I don’t like it” isn’t a bug either.

Different is good. If things that were different didn’t get put in front of others then nothing would ever change.

At many points in the past even DJ software has had to release a feature not knowing whether it’ll be adopted or ignored, liked or loathed, revered or rebuked, praised or plummets.

Different is good. Options are good too though, but if options aren’t provided that still doesn’t make it a bug or wrong or needing fixing.

It has to backwards, as it won’t naturally jump into the loop.

The difference for me though, with Serato anyway, if you have the 8 predefined loops on the SCs, if there was a set of cymbals then why not just set another loop section ahead of it on the loop triggers? If it happens live, then moving it on to the next section works anyway as when it hits the end of the phrase it will naturally move passed it, if it’s at the end of a 16 bar only, then drop it to 8.

First World problem to me that, easy enough to solve with some creative thinking, and like I said, the loop naturally waiting for me when I’ve flipped it on works much better for me so I’m happy enough with it.