Feature Requests - What would You like to see?

So are you saying, I have to have a feature request to post in this thread? Fine here is my request. I request to have updates at a steady rate for the hardware and the software and since there seem to be a lack of updates and only promises. I now consider updates for the prime series as a feature.

I suppose they have to update both hardware firmware and engine prime software simultaneously especially if they add some new features to Engine Prime…SC5000 has to know how to translate those new extras.

1. Can Denon please allow/enable/improve the Engine Prime software to use music stored on HFS formatted external hard drive. I don’t understand the limitation. I tried the recommended ExFat it’s just too slow on Mac and inefficient compared to a cloned HFS copy.

2. Proper flexible dynamic beatgrid with keyboard shortcuts that makes sense. Hybrid of Serato + Rekordboxdj beatgrid editor will be a killer feature.

Idea: Toggle Cover Art

This is more for the desktop software than the players, but here it goes. Make it an option whether or not cover art is added to the EP database. This way someone like me, who uses a fixed logo on the centre screens, isn’t adding a lot of extra bulk to the database file for no reason.

Thanks!

Since you have already talked about creating a new crate on the fly by saving the prep list, I would like to add one feature:

it would be great if one could move tracks up and down in prep list. That way one could sort them after putting together a new “crate”. I would really love this feature as it is much easier this way then adding every track in the right order and starting all over if you want to swap out a song at the beginning! Maybe an extra field in front of the tracks only seen in the prep list which allows you to move the tracks by holding down the field and going up/down with your finger.

2 Likes

I thought that too, but I remember reading somewhere around here that cover art had an impact on the database size. Hopefully just something I misread or misunderstood!

Instead of the Momentary/Trigger setting for the Hot Cues in the settings, perhaps have two modes for the hot cue button.

Any ideas how to implement that on-the-fly? The shift+hot cue appropriately deletes it. If you can think of a good way to do it, the setting for it could simply flip-flop the default.

Bluetooth (=RF) is already onboard, so the hardware already exists. In principle any Bluetooth remote (even a $3,50 selfie-keychain) could be used as a remote control for these players.

Shift+performance pad deletes the hot cue. I’m talking about the Hot Cue button itself. It could flip flop the default, similar to how the Loop button has two modes.

Yeah I know shift+pad deletes. I’m asking how you’d flip flop on-the-fly after switching the default in settings. That’s why I asked. How is the loop mode switched between the two modes without going into the settings? Isn’t there an alternate mode for the slicer, too? Is that done with the arrow keys to the right?

I am kinda disappoited now playlists are sortable wich is great, the preparation (play)list still isnt. So what i would like is a sort able preparation list and a second preparation list to sort things out during my sets.

××××××××××××××××××××××

AFTER THE 1.2 UPDATE:

First of all - thanks for the update - its awesome. :slight_smile:

But I still need som basic improvements to the players:

Adjust the beatgrid (stretch/ unstretch like on the Mcx8000) - Critical that this gets fixed ASAP.

BPM Tap function (If the above is fixed, strike this)

Possible to rate on the tracks infoscreen on-the-fly

Bonus would be:

Pitch Play/ Tone Play :pray: (I recommend it this way: Choose the cue point you want, then press The Hot Cue Button which then activated that particular cue ind Pitch Play / Tone Play-mode)

CueScratch like on Pioneer.

Improvements to Engine that would be appreciated:

Drag & Drop folders from iTunes

Automatic update of excisting folders on drive so new tracks added to folders on mac/ pc automatic gets transfered and updated.

Optional if Engine Prime should update artwork or not.

3 Likes

Did anyone give me a reason on here, other than Denon has always done it that way, that you should be paused to set the main/zero cue rather than just with your hand on the platter or that In shouldn’t set the main/zero cue if that cue hasn’t already been set? I realize we have shift+cue that will force a new main/zero cue; just seems rather extraneous. I am thrilled that Out now will use the main/zero cue as the in point if the latter has not already been set.

I would like to have -effect: flanger, echo, filter : same as DN6000 -Auto mix when you play in continue mode -The possibilitie to edit the number of star ou add note on a title

1 Like

Regarding the possibility “edit rating on-the-fly” - I would also love to be able to sort by rating. It became part of my workflow in the past and I really miss it with SC5000.

TY

6 Likes

Thought of this last night - it would be nice when you adjust the brake time if the centre display showed you what you were set at (like in seconds or something, or even just a number between 1 and 10) to make it easier to make sure you have both decks set to the same thing. Something similar to when adjusting the loop encoder.

In a dark environment I find it a little challenging to get both knobs to the same spot, and they are pretty sensitive.

2 Likes

Correct Sorting of the key field

Continuing the discussion from Sort by Key starts at 8A - why?:

I was really hoping to see 1 request being implemented with the latest update, however it didn’t happen although, in my opinion it is a simple request.

In 06-2017 I posted the request then in 01-2018 a similar request was posted, @Gee_DenonDJ did confirmed it was on the “request list”

As a refresher: the keyfield can be sorted, and can contain 4 diff key notation, many DJ’s are using the Camelot or the normal key flat/sharp notation. When mixing it is usefull if you can sort the field, and yes this can be done on the player and in Engine Prime the downside is that when you do sort it it is not sorting it correctly, it start with 8A to 12B then to 1B to 7A. Would be logical if it does start with 1A to 12B.

Only when displaying the “open key” then the sorting goes OK.

Another plus would be if the Camelot notation could be done with a leading “0” with the single digit camelot key’s 01A instead of 1A.

@paul_denondj can you confirm this is still on the request list, understand you can’t say it will be added to the next update nor you can say when this next update will happen.

I dont see how the use of a shift key is a massive inconvenience or extranous.

I would like to suggest something that builds on what was asked for above with “edit ratings on the fly”. Rating thousands and thousands of tracks into just five divideds of 1 star or 2 stars or 5 stars so on etc is quite coarse. if you have 10000 tracks you could pick a star count of sorting by and still have 2000 track to scroll through.

If we are going to have on-player setting of a rating, cant Engine Prime and Engine Prime hardware allow a rating of 01 to 99 but maybe we an option for converting the number back to easy stars in Engine Prime app is we every wanted to export to a different program that only coped with star rates.

Inconvenience is not the extra button, rather it’s jumping back instead to the beginning of the track after you’ve just painstakingly found the spot later you wanted to set for the cue.
How is 2X the number of buttons required compared to your competitors (either hold shift or tap pause first before hitting cue) not extraneous? Most important, I don’t think anyone is going to anticipate the need for shift if they hop on these cold. I know about it and it’s not a huge deal for my use, but why even do it this way and make it confusing to someone who’s never used these? Why give the shift button even more wear and tear?

Ditto with Loop In not setting the main/zero cue, for that matter. Even the old Denons did that, along with all Pioneers, and all Hanpins.

But maybe some people need all this behavior and they’re in significant numbers. Can’t say. Let’s find out…

Hey guys,

Not sure if this has been mentioned before, so I will give it a try.

I would really like to have a feature that would help me as a DJ to find matching tracks while playing even quicker. This would make my workflow as a DJ on the SC5000 much quicker and I could probably perform even better sets.

Let me explain: If I play a track on player A with 120 BPM / 5A, I‘d like to switch to player B and in the search hit a button „Similair Tracks“ that would show me track with 120 BPM (+/-3 BPM) and matching keys. This would save me the time to always adapt the search criteria manually to match the previous track.

As I mix in key most of the time Imthis feature could come in handy and seems like a rather easy to implement feature. It also helps if you switched between tempo ranges and just eases your workflow.

What do you guys think?

Best, Nicolas

4 Likes