Exclude external drives from Engine Prime (macOS)

Hi. When I launch Engine Prime, it always shows me seven error messages about all the seven external USB drives connected to my Mac Pro and asks me to reformat them. These drives do not contain music, they are used for other purposes (e.g. backup drives and other project data), so they cannot be reformatted or ejected. Can I somehow exclude them from Engine Prime, so it doesn’t complain every time?

4 Likes

This 100%! It’s the same on Windows and ‘drives’ me bonkers!

1 Like

Hi @kennu - Sorry you seem to be having this issue. You should be able to resolve this here: https://denondj.com/kb/article/2347 If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us. Chloe

Thank you for your response, but it does not help at all. I cannot reformat my hard drives which I use for other projects than music. I need a solution to make Engine Prime to IGNORE those hard drives that are not used for music.

4 Likes

@kennu We’re aware that people with lots of drives connected are experiencing these issue and are working on a solution which will help users designate which drives they want to use/not use for portable collections. I’m sorry we could not resolve your issue today.

1 Like

Any update on this topic? Will the new prime version allow us/me to ignore certain drives (by drive name, filesystem type, drive capacity, etc)?

My real issue with EP here is not really ignoring drives. What freaks me out is the fact that EP popups in front of all other windows when macOS Timemachine starts a backup. EP complains about Timemachine drive being busy and when I click into my last active window EP pops up in front again. This is really annoying because Timemachine runs a backup every hour.

Hey. As a new Mac EP user I’d like to add my voice for this feature. When it first popped up it scared the heck out of me as I thought it wanted to reformat my external drives! So yeah, pretty please can the EP developers fix this! Thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

Can you move this request to the new feature request forum? It’s pretty annoying when Timemachine starts the backup and EP needs to tell me that it can’t access Timemachine Backup drive.

1 Like

You’ve been “working on a solution” for FOUR YEARS now, and have still not provided a solution. Is it really THAT hard to fix? wow, unbelievable!

1 Like

I love my PrimeGo and so I learned to live with that Software. But the hope that Engine will be a user and dj friendly software is long gone.

lately this forum is full of pundits !!! who would surely know how to solve the problems !!!