Engine Prime V1.2.1 Update (with MCX8000 support)

Dear Engine Prime users we are excited to announce the launch of V1.2.1 today!

Engine Prime Software Update 1.2.1:

New Features:

• MCX8000 DB export support. Engine Prime now supports one directional database conversions to legacy MCX8000 format.
  • Playlists are now re-arrangeable.
  • iTunes, Traktor and Serato parent crates/folders are now draggable to the Collection.
  • Serato playlists now show up in their original Serato order.
  • iTunes and Serato library import speed is now faster.
  • Importing tracks that have artwork is now faster.
  • Album art now takes up less space in the database. All new tracks added to the database will take advantage of this. To apply this improvement to all tracks, select all track in the main collection and then right click and select Re-import track information.
  • Loop controls now default to Auto / Jump for quicker navigation through tracks.

Bug Fixes:

• Fixed an issue where searching could end up only searching within the previous search results.
  • Fixed an issue where packed track information could not be resynced to the main collection.
  • Improved stability of importing files.
  • Fixed an issue where importing a Serato library that contains files on external drives would create a useless Engine Prime library on the root of the system drive (Win only).
  • Misc improvements and fixes.

DOWNLOAD

4 Likes

Is it necessary to delete old database?

Does Serato Import speed increase with time?

Like when one needs to do an incremental update of recently added tracks to Serato

Or is it still all or none? Engine Prime does an entire Serato library purge prior to updating crates and tracks.

I started a refresh at 20:02 and just 1/3rd done. 63k tracks in Serato library. It’s 22:14 now.

The Serato Library refresh took about 6 hours btw.

Hellow guys, i´m making tests but someting just don´t work fine. I prepare a music list place it in engine prime latest version 1.2.1, make analyses, than creat a CRATE , create a PLAYLIST, move all to usb disk, it´s fine formated in fat32, is small one only 32gb. My MCX8k is updated with firmware 2.0. when i goint to use usb in engine mode. Nothing was showed in my mcx. no CRATES no PLAYLIST. i just can acess the files when i chose folders and search for the file. but no information about the track no BMP no samples no cue no waveform.

Whats the cause for that?

Did you click the “Export to MCX8000” button?

Please watch my video here for the complete preparation process.

2 Likes

Hellow guys, i´m making tests but someting just don´t work fine. I prepare a music list place it in engine prime latest version 1.2.1, make analyses, than creat a CRATE , create a PLAYLIST, move all to usb disk, it´s fine formated in fat32, is small one only 32gb. My MCX8k is updated with firmware 2.0. when i goint to use usb in engine mode. Nothing was showed in my mcx. no CRATES no PLAYLIST. i just can acess the files when i chose folders and search for the file. but no information about the track no BMP no samples no cue no waveform.

Whats the cause for that?

finally everything works but I do not understand why if I create a playlist on the usb keeps me the order, instead in the crates I see the tracks in alphabetical order instead of in the order of the playlist?

Sorry, i have one probleme ! To my laptop on Engine Prime i have 5 or 6 Hotcues, i charged my track to my usb, and to my MCX8000 i have not the same color and i have 3 hotcues (Engine Prime 5 or 6) ! Please can’t your help me !

Hello, I’ve noticed a problem in Engine Prime 1.2.1 Export to MCX8000. When I edit some existing track information (title, BPM) and Export, the changes are not reflected on MCX8000.

Workaround is to delete the existing DENONDJ2/egiWork folder and Export once again. In this case the changes are reflected correctly on MCX8000.

Engine Prime should be fixed to overwrite the exported files when changes have been made to track information.

1 Like

Thank Kennu, I had the same issue. I agree. Engine Prime should overwrite the exported files when you do “Export to MCX8000”. PLEASE NOTE: I used your suggestion. When I scroll through my library on the MCX8000, the files that I edited the BPM shows that revised BPM, but when I load the file to one of the decks it shows the original BPM. This needs to be fixed.

I’m having the same issue. I’ve recored a video to show you what is happening. Perhaps you can help us figure out how to get around this. MCX8000 Export to USB Issue

Hi Guys,

This is because the export operation is a one time export. Track information changes are not updated every time the export button is pressed. So, if a track already has a memo file from a previous export, the MCX8000 will always show the original memo file data.

You can workaround this limitation by performing the following steps:

• Update the desired track info (BPM, name, etc…).
  • Right-click or control-click on the updated track and choose “Show in Finder”.
  • Now delete the hidden folder titled “.DDJMEMO”. Note: You will first need to grant your Mac or Windows computer to show hidden files in order to see this file.
  • Return to Engine Prime and click Export to MCX8000. This will create new memo file with updated track info.

Hope this helps!

Thanks, JWill. It worked!

It would be great to update a future release of the Engine Prime software to automatically overwrite the “.DDJMEMO” folder upon MCX8000 export. I had over fifty files that weren’t analyzed correctly that required BPM edits. Granted, fifty doesn’t sound like a lot, but the process to identify the discrepancies was time consuming as I had to review the 900 files on my USB drive, having both Engine Prime and Serato DJ Pro open, and doing a side-by-side comparison to find the BPM discrepancies. In some cases, Engine Prime analyzation was better than Serato DJ Pro, and the majority of files were analyzed about the same.

In my experience using music manageement software, user updates to files are a common practice. Adding the “.DDJMEMO” overwrite feature to the software (as well as improving the accuracy of BPM analyzation) is critical to improving the user experience with Engine Prime.

Thanks for your hard work!

P.S.: Did an entire 5-hour set in stand-alone mode without any issues with the basic functions of the MCX8000. Just wanted to share this with the team. THUMBS UP!