Engine Prime Features Suggestion

Improved BPM detection algorithm, please please please sort out this +/- 33% bpm issue. It’s frustrating, makes open format sets impossible, renders all the bells and whistles (FX, beatjump, looping) of the primes useless.

Unrestricted BPM range i.e besides the current tempo range in settings there should be a “none” option.

Can you also investigate how Traktor is able to correctly discern/detect 65bpm songs at their true values and not 130bpm? I read something about “Tempo Estimation Octave Error” as being the culprit when softwares don’t get it right. It’s above my paygrade but Traktor does do a great job at BPMs.

Ability to import BPM values from the tracks ID tags if it already contains BPM info.

Batch halving or doubling of BPM values

An option to Import all crates/playlist structure from Serato, Traktor etc.

Engine Prime software is the foundation of this ecosystem with immense potential.

Waveform resolution could be vastly improved. As it is now, you can’t zoom in enough for accurate beat gridding and cue point placement. Traktor allows very detailed resolution when zooming on the wave which I’m really missing here as well as the waveform window size. It’d be nice if you could make that area larger just like this suggestion window how you can grab the bar and drag it to increase/decrease the window. A similar function I feel is needed.

Also a snap to grid function would be nice as the current scrub doesn’t allow to easily snap to a beat grid anchor so again, takes too much time trying to align a cue point. It’s a slow/inaccurate process as there’s just not enough detail and snapping would speed up the tedious process.

Turn quantise on in the software and it should snap to the beat grid - I have mine set on 1/4 beat and it works fine.

Hey All,

If you have submitted an Engine Prime feature request in this thread, please create a new topic with your request in the new Engine Prime feature request area. Be sure to use the included template to provide all necessary information.

Please do not combine multiple requests in a single post, it is unmanageable and your request will not be seen by our team. Thanks for your help!

https://community.enginedj.com/c/feature-requests/engine-prime

Saved the day!! Thank you from the future

1 Like

pleeease make that work for serato imports as well. my lib goes back years and it’d be a massive effort to somehow keep the order without having serato’s “date added”.

2 Likes
  1. Add ability to rate a tracks energy level in a “x/5” rating similar to star rating.
  2. When dragging a track to playlist stay in same position in the list instead of scrolling to the top. (Very frustrating)
  3. Add ability to right click and add to playlist/folder etc.
  4. Add ability to monitor folder for added tracks.
2 Likes

An option for moving the needle.