Engine Prime Features Suggestion

I use Denon software and hardware… oriented in standalone mode …since the first release of standalone unit Controller the Denon dn-hd 2500 …Denon Music Manager was and still is a great software.
A good software for preparing and building crates playlists and etc must never lose the feature of exporting the playlist or crate or music library So please give that feature to engine prime as well because that is the most important feature for any DJ

Did you mean a way of exporting Playlists, Crates or entire library from Engine Prime, in a CSV or TXT format ? eg: For making a list in a spreadsheet or word processing document etc.

1. Sorting columns to display bitrate. This will be essential especially to delete lower bitrate when one is trimming library fat.

2. Show doubles and also perhaps an additional option that extra files are checked for deleting in one swoop. Also very handy feature to trim library fat.

3. Ability to edit multiple tags at once. Select multiple file, and edit multiple tags.

4. Flexible beat grid.

5. Negative beat grid numbering. - 4, - 3 - 2, - 1, 1, 2, 3, 4 etc

6. I’m not sure there is autogain analysis option. Will be nice to have this too.

7. Prevent tracks in main usb collection from getting exported/added from Laptop source again if the primary location is unchanged. But can be added to playlist crate from the external drive collection.eg if a song is in multiple crates.

Feel free to add other features you will like to see.

7 Likes

Yes, I am talking about exporting and / or moving playlist, crates etc. including ALL the tracks in the playlist. E.g. moving a playlist from USB stick to another USB stick directly - and not to have to move it first to engine target and then to the second USB stick. I mean a feature to be able to export a playlist and then import the playlist to any media e.g. hard disc, USB stick etc. If you remember in the old versions of Denon music management software - e.g denon music manager for DN-HD2500 by right click on a playlist name - there was an option for moving the whole playlist with all the tracks in it - to another USB source (transport to device). Another smart feature for denon music manager for DN-HD2500 was that you could back up the whole library of an HD or USB with 1 click and restore this back up to a new USB or HD with ONLY one click again. This feature won’t be necessary if the new software is compatible with all the older versions of managment software. Otherwise all the playlists, crates etc have to be done from scratch again! I DON’T WANT to use Itunes as playlist library, because I don’t want to occupy my PC storage. And I think many other DJ’s have the same way of working as me. I hope you understand - I think I was clear now what I would like to have as features.

1 Like

Have you tried Fakin’ the Funk? Might be a good solution for you. http://djtechtools.com/2018/01/30/review-fakin-funk-low-bitrate-detection-utility/

1 Like

Hola por favor necesito ayuda, instalé engine prime pero ahora no encuentro mi biblioteca de engine 1.5 en la cual tenía todas mis listas de música, necesito recuperarlas. Alguien sabe como? Soy nuevo en foro así que espero vuestra ayuda. Gracias

Hello please I need help, I installed engine prime but now I can not find my engine 1.5 library in which I had all my music lists, I need to recover them. Does anyone know how? I’m new to the forum so I’m waiting for your help. Thank you

1. Improved flexible beat grid option. Currently when I lay a beat marker further into a song it can be placed at a wrong spot, it will be nice to be able to move that specific grid to the desired position without affecting the grid of the entire song.

2. It will also be nice to have alternate colour option for the waveform especially when beat gridding. Some times the greens are not super specific for the downbeat. This is quite noticeable with busy tracks e.g. music with vocals. With techno and house with sparse vocals it’s not a problem.

3. Hopefully some of these suggestions make it into the next Engine Prime update.

My first mobile gig a wedding is in a few weeks, I plan to bring out the 5ks (Controller mode + Serato)

2 Likes

Some workflow improvement ideas:

1. Single right-click to set a Hot Cue and bring up the edit box (currently left-click, then right-click)
  2. Separate search boxes - one for searching the whole collection and one for searching the currently displayed crate/playlist.
  3. Beatgrid snap to track start - so many tracks have the beatgrid starting a several seconds after the beginning of the track.
  4. Collection sync between main collection and USB collection.
3 Likes

It would be amazing if the iTunes import only added new track/tracks and not the entire database again. (Took forever to import just two track today)

2 Likes

I know right, it took me overnight to refresh serato database to engine after adding a few new tracks. Its definitely not a worth it.

Virtual DJ library/database import would be useful. Seems like the next one in line to conquer. After messing around with Mixxx, Traktor, Serato, and Deckadance 1&2 over the years, VDJ 7 & 8 are the only ones I still bother with to practice on occasionally or build some special playlist due to their amazing mapping ability, customization, and stability with basically all hardware.

3 Likes

I don’t use virtual DJ so I may be wrong in assuming most virtual DJ users use it because of how customisable it is…it’s literally the Swiss army knife of DJ apps. It does Audio, Video, Karaoke, Content unlimited, Requests queue etc

I doubt any Virtual DJ users would care about their database being read by Prime.

I reckon they will be super delighted for HID or Controller mode like Serato with the Primes.

I absolutely love Vdj - used it with my mcx8000. But for me it was critical that I was able to do a gig without relying on a laptop and therefor I made the switch to the Prime setup. For me the best about Vdj was 1: not being ignored by the team behind but actually felt they were listening and took input serious. 2: the updates happening all the time. 3: a piece of software that worked no matter what. Like you said - the Swiss army knife! But I would not use it with my Prime setup as standard, cause I love not having to look at a computer but being concentrated on my players. But as a backup solution it would be the best!

You are right

It’s amazing how the program runs as described on every OS.

Im considering buying a license for it as a back up. I keep checking their page for some promo price or discount for the Infinity.

I actually had some weird substantial discount code that came with an all-in-one mixer/players & controller that I never used, and just recently checked to see if it was still good… it was now like one-tenth of the discount value as before or something. Not sure why Atomix reduced it or if it was some anomaly in being such a large discount before they were correcting.

I also would not use the SC5000 with VDJ live out at gigs, however, like the skin customization and map scripting, the compatibility filter scripting is also unrivaled, allowing me at home to create a special, original playlist when I need to do a very technical, eclectic set to wow people. Granted, that capability is not in a vacuum and is accompanied by many other user-friendly and powerful things I can do, or at least through the scripting and configurability finagle it to do, in that software.

For instance, I don’t usually play hard trap, or at least whole sets of it, what people around here oddly refer to as strictly “bass music”. They literally refer to bass music as just being that only. You don’t even want to know what they think “future bass” is :slight_smile:. VDJ enabled me to build a three-deck playlist that was so diverse genre-wise and technical in the mixing that this weekly “bass night” in another city I played has now changed how it is marketed and what type of DJs they will book in the future for it. They also handed me an extra handful of cash midway through my set.

The gear I had to bring, though, was my Pioneers because I needed to reliably transfer that playlist and recreate those cues as mem points using Rekordbox. I felt the state of the new Denon stuff was not quite up to the task yet at the time. With the current state of v1.2 firmware for the SC5000, and we can reasonably assume it will only get better, and an added VDJ database and/or playlist/crate import function to Engine Prime, I would have been incentivized to just do that set live on the new Denon system after quickly and easily transferring it from VDJ to EP. That’s good for InMusic, good for other Prime users to get such, I guess, normalization of Prime use out and about, and good for me because there were a few times I certainly, among other things, could have benefited from that superior Elastique v3 keylock.

1 Like

Please increase the Engine Prime library size for numbers of files. I have tried adding my library of 129 thousands tracks and Engine Prime just crash out back to Windows at 100 thousands.

Yes, you are absolutely correct. I bought VDJ I think it was on 2004, at version 3.0 and I got a download deal for $150.00 at that time. It was $150.00 download or $200.00 Box. Since then I haven’t seen any special deals like Serato has.

DjChachi

The number one feature I’d like to see in Prime is for it to sync the database with the folders of your drive. Either automatically or triggered by the user. I really love using the Prime setup without a laptop, but the one thing that is a huge step backwards is all the extra work of having to import my new tracks. Prior to the Prime setup, I used SC3900’s as media controllers for VDJ. Anyone using VDJ knows you can add new songs to your drive, and hit “recurse”, and BAM, all your newly added tracks are there.

I’d be a happy clam if Engine would sync to my drive in the same way. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Flexible User editable beat grid

3 Likes

Playlist: Flexible Playlist Window / Or Screen on Screen with the Library like on the old "Denon DJ Music Manager ". Or Dragable Playlist Window, etc… but no Tabs! Playlist should be Lookable while a Crate will be created to sort Intime / meanwhile one will be created, and so on… PLEASE!