Engine Prime Doesn't launch

Trying to use Engine Prime with my new Sc5000’s. Yet the program itself does not launch. It just reaches initializing engine then disappears and nothing happens. Tried restarting and reinstalling thus far.

Can you give a bit more info on your configuration, like which operating system and what kind of computer you are using? We need a bit more to go on before we can help out.

OS Microsoft Windows 10 Home Razer blade 2016 Processor Intel® Core™ i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz, 2592 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s) System Type x64-based PC Gtx 1060

Sounds like a decent machine :slight_smile:

One thing you could try (bit of work, but has an added bonus about which more in a minute), is making your PC dual-boot. This is officially allowed, you can make a new partition and install a second version of windows 10 on it. At startup you can now pick your current install or the “DJ” install. The latter one you keep as clean as possible (good place to start is the Serato optimization guide), so nothing that can interfere with it’s DJ duties.

That way you have a very clean machine, and everything can be optimized for DJ-ing.

I had the exact same issue after updating Prime from 1.2.1 to 1.2.2 software I would get to initializing but the launch box would disappear before creating the graphic interface. I found that after uninstalling it is advised to check all has been removed before re-installing Engine Prime (I used Ccleaner free software to clean the PC to make sure everything was gone) and then re-install & all works fine for me again. You can save your engine library file before so any work flow is saved, (like loops hot cues etc and bid grid corrections).

hope this helps