🚀 Engine DJ v3.4.0 Now Available - Bluetooth Audio Source & Keyboard Support

So that’s a you problem then. You have a feature you’re apparently desperate for, yet you’re not willing to adapt your workflow to obtain the feature. instead choosing to maintain a pipe dream of it being added to your device, which as far as im aware has never been confirmed or even hinted at by inmusic.

1 Like

Why should I adapt to something I do not want to use? The whole point of the Denon vision as I understand it is one device that can do everything- having to add Serato or VDJ means connecting a computer which is going backwards for my personal workflow purposes.

Stems are coming as Denon had advised but there is no clarity as it stands when the Beta phase will end, I am not sure what you are on about about re pipe dream I have Denon products that should be able to run stems once released across the board or at least certainly the newer devices.

They haven’t advised anything of the sort, perhaps you have it lost in translation but literally the only thing they have confirmed is they are testing it on the Prime 4+ currently and there is no further information on plans to roll it out elsewhere.

So you’re essentially tying yourself up in knots to prove that you have a valid argument here when you dont.

Firstly you said other companies have Stems, when we both know that statement is incredibly misleading because no other company have put Stems into a hardware device or even hinted at the fact they are planning to.

You then responded with ‘oh but controllers are more popular than standalone units’, I dont even know how you think that is relevant, because it isn’t.

And now you’ve led forth with the argument that they have said they are installing Stems on whatever device you own, when they have said absolutely nothing like that.

2 Likes

Who said that you made a reference? It is just my reference trying to say that it is not accepted, for myself at least, the announcement i read in other post that they tested on prime 4 and 2 and the bt was not working so good. It is a 2019 unit not a 2000 unit. That says all. Second i really don’t know even 1 person in my life that has electric rear windows and he/she never use them. In any case as i said i am very happy with my prime 4 and with all the updates i receive (even i had a repair in my ground in the pcb under warranty and i am still happy) but it’s different this that i am happy and its another thing that an industry designer installs a bt chip and does not know what to do with it. Even if its one card with wifi ethernet and bt this means nothing.

1 Like

There are no knots, perhaps you are not understanding properly so let me make it simple.

Stems exists on other platforms Serato, VDJ etc these are software companies most people know that. So my saying other companies have stems is a fact so not sure what your point is.

At present there are no standalone devices that can provide native stems.

Denon/Engine is the only company who is openly promoting stems nativly as per the P4+, yes it is in Beta but the roadmap is to release stems nativly to the P4+, Source DDJT where Phil was answering questions re the stems on other devices it was not confirmed but not ruled out. Given Denon’s track record if it’s coming to one its likely coming to many words along those lines was how it was left.

It is not complicated. So just sit back and lets see what happens.

1 Like

The age of the device is largely irrelevant here, if it was tested and found to be running less optimally than other devices, they wont release it for public consumption. Otherwise there would be a forum full of ‘OMFG i cant believe these people have released this junk’ and similar when their phone suffers audio drop outs or glitches.

1 Like

Its a fact that you’re bending around to suit your agenda of using it as a stick to beat InMusic with, and that is the point here. Its not a fair or even reasonable comparison when your statement is ‘X should have this function because Y and Z also have it’, which is what you were doing above.

You’re being deliberately obtrusive when making that statement, and you know you are, otherwise you wouldn’t make it.

1 Like

No it is a fact.

if someone asked for extended clarity it can be added this applies to software but the general point is that other companies have stems. Now move on.

All Denon prime devices recieve the same updates for time I have been a Denon user this has been the case the exception to that to my knowledge is the 3.4 update where some of the older devices could not use the blutooth function.

So logic would guide that if RnD is going into developing Stems and testing for one device it will be (in time) made available other Denon devices if not all.

Now if I am wrong Denon can either comment directly and say so or we wait and see over the coming months what happens.

Thanks for admitting you were being purposefully obtrusive :+1:

1 Like

Could you please point me in any direction to find another dj player that “on the fly” in standalone mode is able to do stems without the help of a computer?

All of Denons units can do stems, with the help of a piece of software, and here you have more than one option: Serato, Virtual Dj, maybe Traktor and more

But lets keep oranges with oranges and apples with apples. No other standalone unit (than the P4+) are able to do stems without the help from a computer. This also include ALL other dj brands.

2 Likes

Ça serait tellement bien que tu viennes me dire tout ça en face et pas planquĂ© derriĂšre ton clavier comme une petite fiotte
 :slightly_smiling_face: Je te donnes mon adresse si tu veux et je te paye mĂȘme le voyage. Moi, j’ai le mĂ©rite et la franchise de dire ce que beaucoup de propriĂ©taires de matĂ©riel denon pensent. Toi, Ă  part sucer des boules et passer ta vie ici, tu sers Ă  rien gros fils de pute

Where are you basing that speculation from? The bit about a designer not knowing what to do with it. There could be any number of strong reasons why the dozens of new features added via firmware have been added in the order/priority in which they were.

It’s good forward thinking to have capacity to do more things in the future. For example: if someone needed to store 1TB of music and they suspect that they’re going to be buying new music regularly, would they buy a 1TB drive? Hopefully not; hopefully they’d buy a 2TB or 4tb drive to give themselves plenty of future capacity.

The designers simply applied some thought and logic. It doesn’t appear anyone here is upset that the designers have just given many prime users Bluetooth functionality free of charge, starting this week.i

Doesn’t make sense at all. Almost every relatively modern WiFi Chip have Bluetooth AND Wifi.

I remember very well seeing a video by Philmorse, where he anticipated that Bluetooth would appear on Denon products in the future! however they could have written in the description of the update! supported products etc etc! products not supported for this reason etc etc! but no problem anyway since I got the rx3 I haven’t used the prime 4 anymore! and I have no intention of changing the prime 4 just to have Bluetooth! with this I would only have liked if inmusic had specified the reason why p4 does not have active bluetooth! it didn’t cost him anything!!

1 Like

They tried to get it working, weren’t happy with the results, didn’t feel it was suitable for public release, pulled it from some devices.

There’s your answer.

1 Like

None of the Sweep FX (filters etc) work with Bluetooth in when assigned to a deck. Is this expected ?

1 Like

I’ll be so annoyed in 2030 when inMusic implement Neuralink if my SC Live 4 radio chip is too damn slow to connect with it. :rage: Let’s just hope for their sake that they were on top of this at the R&D stage

1 Like

Great so you agree with what was already established.

You are correct my friend. Next time i will write to the forum it will be the time that my English will be better. From your answer it is clear that what i wrote before is not undestandable. So my mistake.

Anyway, I vote for us all making an effort to get the forum back to normal speak after a mad couple of days :+1:t3:

2 Likes