Engine 1.5.2 Windows 10 crashes at start up

Any other windows users having issues with Engine 1.5.2 crashing on start up. the error I receive in event viewer is a generic Application Error Event ID 1000.

Faulting application name: Engine.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x57a7f950 Faulting module name: EGI.dll, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x4cc94d81 Exception code: 0xc0000094 Fault offset: 0x00008f83 Faulting process id: 0x1904 Faulting application start time: 0x01d2af295f70f1ea Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Denon\Engine\Engine.exe Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Denon\Engine\EGI.dll Report Id: df05ae52-7976-4961-8c1b-4fb6171dfdc7 Faulting package full name: Faulting package-relative application ID:

Anyway I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling engine as well as quick time. any help would be greatly appreciated.

For some reason I am saved from having many of the reported instability problems with Engine. Which does nothing for it’s features-set, but that is a whole different story.

I am even on an AMD CPU (6-core) and my machine can crash on Word or Excel these days (it’s old and tired now), but Engine starts and seems to do what it must without too much pain.

My laptop specs are
Intel Quad Core w/HT i7 6700HQ @ 2.6ghz, 16GB RAM 128GB SSD 1TB 7200RPM HDD. Windows 10 x64 Home

Engine should run. In fact it did run at one time until i told it to build a database then it started crashing. So like a good Network Administrator I rooted around for and event log that meant something and could not find one so I uninstalled the application made sure there were no left over dlls or config files in the install directory and reinstalled it. Which brings us to the problem stated above. I have run through changing compatibility modes in windows 10 trying to run the app as if it were windows 8.1 and 7 but that didn’t work either.

Anyway one of the MCX8000’s main selling points (stand alone mixer w/Engine) is nonfunctional because the software needed to set up a USB with the database and music won’t run. Which for me is of no real consequence because I am a hobbyist but if you make your living as a DJ and used this software and experienced this it could have adverse effects on your business and reputation.

1 Like

I’m receiving the same problem here. Engine started fine at one time, but now it will not start regardless of un-installing, admin rights, etc.

Any help is appreciated.

Haven’t been able to use Engine 1.5 in the past two weeks. This actually happened after trying to import Apple playlists into Denon Engine. It does this on Windows and Mac.

So after much searching and frustration I found a post yesterday that said to delete the C:\DENONDJ2 folder which contains all the config files and database Engine.

Denon Engine 1.5.2 Crashes!

The article starts out for a Mac but the user posted solution for both MAC and Windows.

Thanks. Had forgotten about that one! Had some problems recently to. Your remark helped and things are going well now.

1 Like

Glad I could help point you in the right direction.