Engine 1.12 - Windows 10 - Quicktime Requirement

jmac0001

Engine 1.12 - Windows 10 - Quicktime Requirement Not sure if anyone has had a problem with Engine working with a fresh install of Windows 10 and Engine.

If so, I have it working on my system (so far).

Originally, engine was popping up a message stating that Quick Time was required. If you click ok, the software would run, but you could not add any files.

I tried to install the latest version of QT 7 from the net, but the installer states that it needs Windows 7.

I was able to bypass the Quick Time version check with this documentation:

http://www.huehd.com/faqs/windows-10-install-quicktime/

I uninstalled then re-installed engine. It still said that it needed quick time.

I ran a procmon and found that it was looking for C:\Program Files (x86)\D&M Holdings Inc\engine 1.1.2\QTCF.dll, but it couldn’t find it.

I copied that DLL from C:\Program Files (x86)\QuickTime\QTSystem\QTCF.dll to C:\Program Files (x86)\D&M Holdings Inc\engine 1.1.2.

I restarted engine, and I am now able to add and analyze files.

DJ_Boothe

Post Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:26 pm Re: Engine 1.12 - Windows 10 - Quicktime Requirement That’s really useful information - thank you for sharing that - I’m sure other users will find that useful too

1 Like

Have you tried to use “Quicktime Alternative”?

I haven’t tried quicktime alternative yet. Since 1.5.1 I haven’t had problems with Quicktime messages, but I do have many issues with analyzing the tracks and Engine crashing still.

quicktime was discontinued by apple some time ago all users are advised to uninstall it as it is now vulnerable.

denon need to find an alternative to qt and also stop advising users to install it!

p.s. engine works fine if you use wavs, not mp3.

1 Like