Difference gain between line input and midi

rlemmens 05 Dec 2012 05:50

when I connect external source on the line input or aux, there is a huge gain difference between the line input and the midi input on the deck. I would like to balance this, is this possible. I have to open the gain on the line input completely on the line input while the midi gain control has to be turned lower to have the balance between the inputs leveled.

thanks for your help

Ron

DJ_Boothe 05 Dec 2012 08:53

Midi doesn’t have a signal level as such, midi just tells lappys what buttons got pushed or twiddled and sends back some “pretty light” info. Did you mean the sound level from the lappy/“DJ” software, to the MC6000? If so that level can be matched, by the on-screen controls inside your chosen “DJ” software eg the little Gain controls and mixer faders and master volume. For some reason, and I guess it’s for making bedrooms as loud as possible, these on-screen controls always seem to start up at maximum in the “DJ” software.

rlemmens 05 Dec 2012 13:33

thanks for your post. I meant the sound level that comes from TRAKTOR to the MC6000. This level is much higher then the level I get from my CD player on the line-in on the mc6000. I was hoping that someway I can adjust that so that it is more or less the same level as comes in on the line-input on the mc6000. I have to turn the gain nearly full open from the line input to get a signal as same as the laptop which just can stau on the gain control in the middle setpoint.

DENON 05 Dec 2012 14:04

rlemmens wrote: I was hoping that someway I can adjust that so that it is more or less the same level as comes in on the line-input on the mc6000. I have to turn the gain nearly full open from the line input to get a signal as same as the laptop which just can stau on the gain control in the middle setpoint.

There is no level adjustment in the MC6K for this, however you can turn down the levels in Traktor to match your Line input, thanks.

DJ_Boothe 05 Dec 2012 15:33

Yes - just use the mouse (hopefully just once - but depends on traktor) on Traktor on-screen to make Traktor output at the same levels as a CD player etc. The MC isn’t the issue here, Traktor is.