Cross fader Bleed trough

Say I accept I will invalidate my warranty if I work on it myself? Can i get the schematic then?

I’ve had buy a $250 hercules dj jogvision in the meantime as I cant use my $1500 denon product, do you think this is acceptable?

Ok, so as a re-cap, your warranty is the country which you imported the unit from. And it’s the postal costs and duties etc which make you hesitant to send the unit back to the country which you imported the unit from, although it would be repaired under warranty there.

With regards to your other controller. I would always recommend that any DJ performing paid-for events should definately have a backup controller. What price difference there may be between the main equipment and the backup equipment won’t be of interest to the audience, just so long as the music, and therefore the party, carries on.

Whether or not you can obtain the schemenatic or purchase a copy of the service manual, which may have schematics within, would be something which you should email Denon DJs service department about.

There is no servicing / cleaning that potentiometer. You would need to replace it (it would be cheap). The contour will have no effect on deck1 or deck2 bleeding. It simply adjusts the linearity. Considering that you live in the Caribbean where humidity is high, I would suspect the actual x-fader first. I have replaced mine twice. It was doing exactly as you describe here. I would rather just try replacing the original x-fader before sending it in or pulling it apart.

Easier to get new part and change crossfader than send whole device to Germany :wink:

I have the 6000mk2 and the 8000 and they both have the same crossfader issue. This is utter bullocks.

test the 6000 with different software and 8000 in standalone mode with music from usb stick.