Connecting MC6000 w/ Pioneer RMX1000? (Solved)

vigostar 28 Aug 2013 01:33

Hi folks… I recently purchased a MC6000 and added a Pioneer RMX 1000. Currently I have the Audio coming out from the master on the MC into the “IN” on the Pioneer then another cable from the “OUT” on the RMX into the “INPUT 1” on the Denon but, im only getting the effects on channel 1. Seems like I would need to plug into each channel. Is there another way to rig it? Im using a MacBook Pro and latest version of VDJ. Thanks all

DJ_Boothe 28 Aug 2013 20:32

Use booth out from the MC6000 to the Inputs of the effects box. That way, you can choose to send channel 1,2,3,4 or all… to the effects box.

Remember to set Post button (in the mic section) to On if you want mic signals to pass leave the booth outputs :slight_smile:

vigostar Posts: 7 Joined: 28 Aug 2013 01:22 Location: brooklyn, ny Post 30 Aug 2013 00:06 Re: Connecting MC6000 w/ Pioneer RMX1000 Thanks I tried going by the owners manual but, still have noting. Im using mono out cables from the booth on the Denon into the input of the Pioneer then using reg audio cables from the pioneer to the Denon. I tried using all the inputs switched all the inputs from phono to line and nothing. Im not even getting a read on the Pioneer now. No channels are working,…

Edit: Figured it out… Audio in from the the effects has to go into Line 2 the Denon djquanson Posts: 10 Joined: 16 Jul 2013 11:49 Location: new jersey, usa Post 30 Aug 2013 15:02 Re: Connecting MC6000 w/ Pioneer RMX1000? (Solved) vigstar… so they way you have it hooked up is booth out is the input to the rmx and the output from the rmx to and input channel of the 6000.

do you have any feed back? can you post a video of this? DJ_Boothe User avatar Posts: 4823 Joined: 06 Apr 2006 13:52 Location: United Kingdom Location: Spalding, Lincs, UK Type of DJ: Bar / Club DJ Post 30 Aug 2013 18:03 Re: Connecting MC6000 w/ Pioneer RMX1000? (Solved) If the outputs from the external effect box are going into say…channel 4 of the mc6000, he shouldn’t get any feedback unless he turns the booth out selector switch to channel 4 - at which point the effects box would be listening to itself (and probably slowly build feedback).

For this reason, its a good idea to have the outputs from the effects box going to a channel at a far end eg: channel 1 or 4, rather than 2 or 3, otherwise you’d have to keep selecting/passing by the effects input channel when changing the booth selector switch from channel 1 to 4 to 1 to 4 etc etc. vigostar Posts: 7 Joined: 28 Aug 2013 01:22 Location: brooklyn, ny Post 13 Sep 2013 15:21 Re: Connecting MC6000 w/ Pioneer RMX1000? (Solved) I thought I had fixed the problem because RMX seemed to be reading the audio feed from the Denon but, after a couple of minutes I realized it was working. I read somewhere I believe in the RMX manual that states you cannot go “in” and “out” on the same device. I dont play music thru a speaker system at home due to sound regulations but, I will this weekend. Im guessing if I rig it the normal way… Denon booth to RMX “in” then out to speakers from the RMX “out” then Im just going to assume that the only solution.

If anyone else has a work around I’m all ears. DJ_Boothe User avatar Posts: 4823 Joined: 06 Apr 2006 13:52 Location: United Kingdom Location: Spalding, Lincs, UK Type of DJ: Bar / Club DJ Post 13 Sep 2013 20:08 Re: Connecting MC6000 w/ Pioneer RMX1000? (Solved) I think when they say about “in” and “out” on the same device , they must mean “same channel” - you’d certainly have feedback if you had the outputs from the rmx going to channel 4 and then sent channel 4to the rmx.

Connecting the speakers to the rmx would be really limiting - as you’d only be able to play effects on all channels or none - so you wouldn’t be able to play effects on channel 2 but no effects on channel 3. At bare minimum I’d expect to run say an outgoing track on a channel and then add tail echo or a filter to it while bringing in a totally un-effect(ed) new track on another channel. Running the rmx to speakers both the tracks would get tail echo or filter etc vigostar Posts: 7 Joined: 28 Aug 2013 01:22 Location: brooklyn, ny Post 14 Sep 2013 03:56 Re: Connecting MC6000 w/ Pioneer RMX1000? (Solved) Actually, I mean going out with through the “booth out” on the Denon to the “in” on the RMX then “out” on the RMX and into an input on the Denon.

DJ_Boothe - It was working… I thought it was at first because it seemed to be reading the audio as per meter on the RMX but, it wasn’t. Im at a lose right now. I cant believe there isnt anyone out there is using both these devices… Im actually thinking of just selling the RMX at this point if Im not able to play with the RMX using my headphones.

DJ_Boothe

14 Sep 2013 12:58

If you’re going to sell the Rmx, I’d do it quickly, before any rush. The huge BPM DJ trade show is running over the next few days here in the UK and I would imagine that a lot of unwanted effects units hit online auction sites etc after such massive shows.

vigostar 16 Sep 2013 12:49

Thanks DJ_Boothe I appreciate the heads up