Caution when using generic external SD Card readers

I’ve searched the forums and haven’t seen this but, as the tile says, some SD card readers will cause Engine Prime 1.2.1 to give a “X: is incompatible with Engine Hardware Reformat the drive in FAT32 or ExFat to use”.

Especially those that use a USB 3.0 Cable 5Gbps A/Micro B, the SD/MicroSD/MMC Card Reader/Writer have no issues at all. Can’t post an image since I’m still “new”.

The SD card is ExFat formatted and works just fine in the SC5000 and the PC is WIn10Pro.

Anyone else getting this?

I’m not aware of this, but there are lots of different readers out there… Any additional info you can give would be helpful. I’ve also bumped your forum level so that you can post pictures.

Thanks to escalating this. Here is a screen grab of what the error is. The device is a ATIVA CR-36 USB 3.0 card reader and it happens with any SDXC card, I am using a Samsung 64GB PRO+ card or the SanDisk 64GB Extreme PRO card. DenonError

Thanks for the screen shot. For a bit more info, could you go to explorer, then right click J:, select properties and then post a screen shot of that?

I think it’s just an empty slot of the multi-cardreader… Engine checks all removable drives.

1 Like

I think you’re right. I’ve got a couple of multi card readers which complain about empty slots but they still work fine for any of the cards in other slots