Big problem in the vinyl mode!

Look at Video …I can not understand what’s going on https://vimeo.com/268731590

Use grounded power connections!

1 Like

Hey John, My guess is that you’re plugged into a circuit that is not properly grounded. If the touch platter can’t reference a ground, funny things like that start happening. If this is the first time that this is happening (and the first time your are in this venue) that would probably point to this. You could try different outlets there (something on the other side of the room for example) and see if that helps. Maybe you will get lucky with better socket.

Personally, I always carry around something like this: LINK.

That way I can check the health of plugs before sticking my precious equipment into them.

Let us know what you find out, or if that was in fact the problem or not.

2 Likes

I also have this problem, in a performance that is very important to me and now I’m struck by stroke

Check the movie plz

Mamsi, please read AIRVince’s response regarding grounded circuit.

If you have not experienced this issue with your equipment at home or other venues, then the issue is likely with the venue’s grounding.

Did you find a way to fix this problem?

If it is a grounding issue, the way to fix the problem is to tell the venue to ground their outlets properly.

Non grounded outlets can be dangerous to both equipment and people. If there is a power spike or an equipment malfunction, you could either fry your equipment or get a nasty shock. Neither thing is fun, and one is potentially deadly.

Please read my comment above and consider getting the plug checker, for your own safety and the safety of the players.

Hi, I am facing the same issue.

Since 4 weeks, I own a set of SC50000’s and I love them. But they also face sometimes the platter issue.

At home, there were no issues. At one event in a tent and so a long cable from the power source to the dj booth, I faced the issue. The issue was not present during the whole gig though. Furthermore, in two venues where I had to install the sound and light on 1 electric circuit, I faced the problem when I putted my T-bars with PAR 56 at 40 % the issue was present. When the party started and the program was running the PAR’s at full output, there were no problems anymore.

At my local gear store, they told me that its better to put audio and light on a different circuit. That I already knew, but sometimes it’s not possible. Than they suggested to put a power conditioner between the electric socket that I using and my dj gear in the booth (mixer, players etc.). Does anybody have experience with this, if that might help me getting rid of the problem?

Thank you for your answers.

Good electrical gear needs good clean power to work. Poor earthing gives problems and this is what you’re seeing.

The other thing is that the platter calibrates itself at powering on time , so make sure nothing is resting on the platters on power up.

Also - switch “vinyl” button off in places with bad earth

Thank you for the information, but this was already mentioned by others (this is not meant to be rude).

I was mainly looking for the answer to my question about a power conditioner, since it is inevitable that I have to play at places where the problem arises. On top of that, I would like to be able to use the vinyl mode all the time without shutting is off from time to time.

I don’t think most power conditioners are able to provide extra, or alternative grounding.

You can get ground lift isolators but I don’t know if those would make the problem worse whilst active, or better.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.