Anyone else using Timecode Sync? I'm using it for syncing my lasers with live DJ shows

As the title suggests, I’m looking for others who are using the Timecode Sync software to sync their live DJ sets to outside software (such as Pangolin Beyond or Resolume). I presently am experimenting with Sync to get SMPTE timecode to MTC for Pangolin Beyond, since Sync won’t give MTC and Beyond will only listen for SMPTE through a connected SMPTE input (for some reason MTC it is only available in the Live version of Timecode which is not provided to anybody but “A-listers”). Anyway, happy to share how I connect and use this software to join visuals, and looking for the same from others to see if there are easier or better ways to go about this. My setup includes:

2x Denon SC5000 1x Denon X1800 Timecode Sync outputting SMPTE MOTU Micro Express to take SMPTE and convert to MTC Pangolin Beyond to control lasers 2x Kvant CM2000 2watt lasers

Love to chat with people performing timecoded shows with their players.

1 Like

please help me to understand how to use the Sync? button with a song on master A, I can not sync with song on Master B with the SYNC key. Show me how can I proceed? thank you

That is a different syncing that what we are talking about here, you may want to take that to a different channel for help. SMPTE and MTC syncing is about syncing multiple different programs to the time given from the SC-5000’s and not just between the SC-5000’s.

How has your experience been with Timecode Sync? Doesn’t seem like there has been any development on it since 2018. I’m looking to control Pangolin Beyond and Avolites Titan.

What about stagelink protocol, that sends the timecode via lan from Prime series?

My experience is very positive with Timecode Sync and I have used it consistently since I made my last post in 2018. As a matter of fact, while it may not appear that there has been much development, I was pretty consistently involved in providing bug responses early on and the company continues to respond and fix any issues with really fast updates to the software. That being said, there haven’t been really any bugs lately so that’s a good thing! I use Sync to control Pangolin Beyond, so if you need any help or assistance with that, I am happy to help out!